The visitor

redduck

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Now that I am retired, I have more time to wonder about things. This is what I wondered about last Thursday. Here we go:

A while back we had a thread about extraterrestrials possibly having visited earth. Anyway, [-]I’m[/-] you’re sitting on your couch in November and you are absolutely certain (and with some pretty solid evidence) that something has contacted you several times in the last week. It doesn’t matter if you see it, kind of see it, touch it, smell it, hear it, taste it, or just sense it, but you’d bet your IRA account (assuming you were older than 70 ½ and were forced to take your RMD anyway) that you’ve been contacted. Well, now thinking about it, maybe tasting an extraterrestrial might not be such a good idea. Then again, it might depend on what part of it you taste (“duck, could you please get back on track? “ ). Suppose it all doesn’t seem menacing? Suppose it does seem menacing? Suppose you forgot to take your medication?

So, what do you do? Tell anyone? Discuss portfolio rebalancing? Decide to do nothing? Ask the people on this forum for suggestions?

Duck, are you saying that you feel you've been contacted by extraterrestrials? (Angels perhaps?)

It's cocktail hour here so I might be reading your post incorrectly.

Duck, are you saying that you feel you've been contacted by extraterrestrials? (Angels perhaps?)

It's cocktail hour here so I might be reading your post incorrectly.

Seems like cocktail hour starts real early.

It may be something else. Because while there probably is sentient life elsewhere in the universe, it is so far away that they probably can't get here.

Depends on what I might accomplish by telling someone. If the alien is giving me good stock tips, I'm keeping them to myself.

I wouldn't tell anyone. They'd think I was crazy. Just like last time.

Hey, there's not much point in saving up for a comfortable retirement if DD can convince a court that maybe Dad is off his rocker and she needs to handle that money for me.:)

No doubt in my mind the human race was planted here by aliens and some walk among us today. Barkeep, another round for the extraterrestrials !

It may be something else. Because while there probably is sentient life elsewhere in the universe, it is so far away that they probably can't get here.

What if they left early in the morning, before rush hour?

Were you suggesting this for Redduck or for yourself:confused:

I noticed a lot of members have been playing around, internet pinging here an there willy nilly.

By deselecting "everyone" and then if contact continued, I figure the alien being a registered member would be okay intergalactic folk too.

Last edited:
Is this the same kind of contact that defendants describe when they testify that "voices" told them to do it?

.....you are absolutely certain (and with some pretty solid evidence) that something has contacted you several times in the last week....

I would say start by discussing the type of solid evidence (not yet the actual evidence) you may have run into, just to bounce around how solid it may be to a group of impartial observers

No doubt in my mind the human race was planted here by aliens and some walk among us today. Barkeep, another round for the extraterrestrials !

Thanks, frayne. I'll have a Singapore Sling. MichaelB, what you havin'?

I'd put the evidence on twitter and FB obviously. Pics or it didn't happen, right?

Now that I am retired, I have more time to wonder about things. This is what I wondered about last Thursday. Here we go:

A while back we had a thread about extraterrestrials possibly having visited earth. Anyway, [-]I’m[/-] you’re sitting on your couch in November and you are absolutely certain (and with some pretty solid evidence) that something has contacted you several times in the last week. It doesn’t matter if you see it, kind of see it, touch it, smell it, hear it, taste it, or just sense it, but you’d bet your IRA account (assuming you were older than 70 ½ and were forced to take your RMD anyway) that you’ve been contacted. Well, now thinking about it, maybe tasting an extraterrestrial might not be such a good idea. Then again, it might depend on what part of it you taste (“duck, could you please get back on track? “ ). Suppose it all doesn’t seem menacing? Suppose it does seem menacing? Suppose you forgot to take your medication?

So, what do you do? Tell anyone? Discuss portfolio rebalancing? Decide to do nothing? Ask the people on this forum for suggestions?

1. Could have been a dream.
2. Is this Trombone Al incognito writing another book?
3. Did you forget your meds?
4. Don't taste et......you don't know where they've been.
5. Ahhhh, just a thought. Is tasting et like magic mushrooms?
6. Why can't there be extraterrestrials?
7. In all the years that people have told someone/everyone that they'd met et, how many have been believed, called crazy and forced to take their meds. You can talk about it here because we are all Martians but don't tell anyone.

You can talk about it here because we are all Martians but don't tell anyone.

Make sure that frayne buys you a drink. Hmmn, I wonder if frayne now has to buy all the forum members a drink. And, what about the 350,000 lurkers?

I would say start by discussing the type of solid evidence (not yet the actual evidence) you may have run into, just to bounce around how solid it may be to a group of impartial observers

I haven't run into any evidence, solid or otherwise. I do think it might be interesting to discuss what sort of evidence would be solid and convincing.

But, the point I sort of was trying to make is that maybe one day (perhaps it's already happened) some guy or guyette may experience something incredibly significant, important, unbelievable-- maybe even earth-shattering (sounds like an orgasm, doesn't it?) and would not know whether to even mention the extraterrestrial encounter even with solid evidence or proof because of the negative consequences he/she might experience. I see it as a terrible dilemma for a person to be in.

I haven't run into any evidence, solid or otherwise. I do think it might be interesting to discuss what sort of evidence would be solid and convincing.

But, the point I sort of was trying to make is that maybe one day (perhaps it's already happened) some guy or guyette may experience something incredibly significant, important, unbelievable-- maybe even earth-shattering (sounds like an orgasm, doesn't it?) and would not know whether to even mention the extraterrestrial encounter even with solid evidence or proof because of the negative consequences he/she might experience. I see it as a terrible dilemma for a person to be in.

There are typically many problems with such encounters.

1. If an alien race has the technology to travel light years across the galaxy, they likely won't be forced to stick a probe up said guy/guyette's anus to explore our species. If they were truly interested, they'd likely kill one of us and dissect us. I don't see what info they could get from an anal probe that would be useful. All they'd have to do is watch us eat from afar to see what we put in our bodies.
2. Said alien race also likely won't have display screens that look eerily like Gene Roddenberry's creations on Star Trek, with a few blinking lights from the 1960s/1970s alien abduction stories, or a few upgraded LCD screens from modern-day alien abduction stories (or hey, maybe the alien races got upgrades from Dell on their spaceships from their 1970s-era models to the 2000s model?)
3. Said alien atmosphere in their spaceship would likely have some microbes or gas differences that would be quite bad to our bodies. And conversely, our common cold could be quite deadly to an alien race.
4. Other details of these 'encounters' typically have events that don't follow physics in any way, shape, or form. As an example, a few months ago, someone (was it you? I can't remember) posted something about some alledged encounter in Canada back in the 1970s. I read the guy's story, and found numerous facts with his 'encounter' that just simply didn't make sense, and were physically impossible - like a series of burn marks, in the shape of perfect, 1/2" diameter cylinders, on his chest. He claimed these burn marks were made when hot gas was shot out of some opening on the UFO. Gas would not be able to do that, through his shirt, and leave such burn marks. The gas would diffuse and leave a wide pattern burn. The gas also would not burn small parts of his shirt as he claimed, without also doing a number to his face and hair (which, miraculously, weren't burned). (among other physical inconsistencies)

If the alien encounter passes the above sniff tests, then I'd say give the national enquirer a call. It's been a while since they've had any good alien abduction stories. I'm sure you'd get a bonus if you have any 'hard evidence'. Maybe the broken tip of an anal probe, or a disposable, 3-fingered glove they used?

Whoa... It's déjà vu all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

There are typically many problems with such encounters.

1. If an alien race has the technology to travel light years across the galaxy, they likely won't be forced to stick a probe up said guy/guyette's anus to explore our species. If they were truly interested, they'd likely kill one of us and dissect us. I don't see what info they could get from an anal probe that would be useful. All they'd have to do is watch us eat from afar to see what we put in our bodies.
2. Said alien race also likely won't have display screens that look eerily like Gene Roddenberry's creations on Star Trek, with a few blinking lights from the 1960s/1970s alien abduction stories, or a few upgraded LCD screens from modern-day alien abduction stories (or hey, maybe the alien races got upgrades from Dell on their spaceships from their 1970s-era models to the 2000s model?)
3. Said alien atmosphere in their spaceship would likely have some microbes or gas differences that would be quite bad to our bodies. And conversely, our common cold could be quite deadly to an alien race.
4. Other details of these 'encounters' typically have events that don't follow physics in any way, shape, or form. As an example, a few months ago, someone (was it you? I can't remember) posted something about some alledged encounter in Canada back in the 1970s. I read the guy's story, and found numerous facts with his 'encounter' that just simply didn't make sense, and were physically impossible - like a series of burn marks, in the shape of perfect, 1/2" diameter cylinders, on his chest. He claimed these burn marks were made when hot gas was shot out of some opening on the UFO. Gas would not be able to do that, through his shirt, and leave such burn marks. The gas would diffuse and leave a wide pattern burn. The gas also would not burn small parts of his shirt as he claimed, without also doing a number to his face and hair (which, miraculously, weren't burned). (among other physical inconsistencies)

If the alien encounter passes the above sniff tests, then I'd say give the national enquirer a call. It's been a while since they've had any good alien abduction stories. I'm sure you'd get a bonus if you have any 'hard evidence'. Maybe the broken tip of an anal probe, or a disposable, 3-fingered glove they used?

Anal probe? Uh, where did you get that idea (or visual)? And, no that wasn't me talking about the guy in Canada. And, no, I don't have any hard evidence or any evidence at all. I'm not looking for evidence. I was just wondering about something.

But, this post of yours is a good example of what I was talking about: It would be difficult for anyone, no matter what evidence there would be, to talk about issues so charged, causing some people to become agitated, not listen and therefore not respond to what was said but to respond to something visceral.

Anal probe? Uh, where did you get that idea (or visual)?

Oh, I don't know. I guess I just have an anal obsession. It's not like it's ever been mentioned in previous UFO-ology before. I guess I must be having a Brian Williams' moment?

But, this post of yours is a good example of what I was talking about: It would be difficult for anyone, no matter what evidence there would be, to talk about issues so charged, causing some people to become agitated, not listen and therefore not respond to what was said but to respond to something visceral.

I'm more than willing to listen to anyone's claim with a very rational, open mind.

But I'm not going to blindly believe everything they claim, especially when it doesn't pass not only the basics of scientific laws, but basic common sense (like descriptions of past UFO 'encounters' where the inside of the alien ships look mysteriously like the set of the Enterprise from the original Star Trek, with just a few blinking lights and a computer screen, to control a ship that travels across deep, interstellar space-not to mention other basic biological and physical 'inconsistencies' and problems).

Back
Top Bottom