They're back....Yeah!

Jack_Pine

Full time employment: Posting here.
Full sized Smokie Links from Oscar Mayer that is. I never understood why they took them off the market. I just saw them last weekend at the store and bought some. They are great.

I know they are processed food at the worst (probably) but I love them.

I cherry pick my nutritional guidance to fit my predilections :) I read a few articles recently that somewhat debunked the dangers of nitrites making bacon and those smokie links all the more attractive. I tear off about half the bun and figure I have improved the nutritional profile by 50% at the get go.

That's weird. Last week, I was shopping with dw and I mentioned to her that I have not seen these in ages. She gave me the "look" and told me to see if the store (Meiers) had them. To no avail!

Definitely need to score some.

Found them

I was at a Kroger store in Dallas today when I spotted the bun-sized Smokey Links. They have "New" on the package as part of their reemergence. I bought a package and they were GOOD!!!!!! Nuked a couple for 20 sec & put them on a bun with yellow mustard and a side of potato salad. I'm glad they are back. prof12

The wife's family makes smokies at christmas. I told her what's the big deal they are just little hot dogs. Well she got really mad at me...

The wife's family makes smokies at christmas. I told her what's the big deal they are just little hot dogs. Well she got really mad at me...

I was going to look into that, I missed them so much. How did they make them? With a regular smoking method. I smoke pork butts all the time....mmmmmmmm good.

I was going to look into that, I missed them so much. How did they make them?

They take em out of the package and boil them. Then slather them with ketchup.

If I stop to think about what I'm eating, it just disgusting. But as long as I don't think about how sausages are made they taste ok.

Back
Top Bottom