Things you just don't get !

Things I just don't "GET"?
Kids.

:)

Before I suddenly got 3, I was with you! I finally realized God gives you kids so that you know how he feels about and interacts with you. (Not to get too theological or anything). I had even joined the "unhooked" generation to insure that I would not have kids. God had other plans. I could hear him laugh. It was a good laugh, just the same. YMMV

Before I suddenly got 3, I was with you! I finally realized God gives you kids so that you know how he feels about and interacts with you. (Not to get too theological or anything). I had even joined the "unhooked" generation to insure that I would not have kids. God had other plans. I could hear him laugh. It was a good laugh, just the same. YMMV
I've not heard of the "unhooked" generation, but love it!
Good for you for dealing with what came your way, despite your preparations. :D

'been about 6 years on a commercial flight. Upon landing most people were giving a rousing round of hand clapping. What do the bozos do when it is a crash landing, boooo?

'been about 6 years on a commercial flight. Upon landing most people were giving a rousing round of hand clapping. What do the bozos do when it is a crash landing, boooo?
Only time I've experienced that is on charter flights, (generally associated with package holidays........used travel points for one this year, first in about 35 years)....it's flying for people who don't fly.

When you go to the mall and park in a remote area with no-one around, why someone has to come and park right on top of you, over the white line making entry to your vehicle difficult.

Those modified Hondas a) the noise from the muffler is really annoying unless you have a 5-7 yr boy's mentality b) it's still a 4 cylinder & c) the cost to install can exceed the value of the car

"Unhooked generation"? Is that like the "Sunkist Club" for vasectomies..... all juice, no seeds

Facebook's user interface.

Software "upgrades" that work poorer than the prior versions.

Never heard the term "unhooked generation" before, so I searched the Web and found this.

Last edited:
The European sovereign debt crisis and potential impact on the US. Anybody have an executive summary that my pea brain can comprehend ?

The European sovereign debt crisis and potential impact on the US. Anybody have an executive summary that my pea brain can comprehend ?

Hedge funds and idiots need something made up to increase volatility so they can have a chance to make quick money by trading. Angela Merkel is not quite bright enough to realize this. Film at 11.

Kids and religion, two good choices I agree with, being an atheist (god-free) and childfree. I have no use for either of them in my life.

Only once, I was in a flight when the weather was bit rough, and upon landing some passengers clapped. I guessed they were happy to be on terra firma again.

That flight I was on was nowhere that bad, compared to what is shown in the following video of some scary landings in gusty crosswinds. Now, those would scare me. Among these landings, you would see a 747 touching down with 30 deg crab angle at HK airport. At the end, you see a couple of go-arounds when it looked hopeless.

Only once, I was in a flight when the weather was bit rough, and upon landing some passengers clapped. I guessed they were happy to be on terra firma again.

That flight I was on was nowhere that bad, compared to what is shown in the following video of some scary landings in gusty crosswinds. Now, those would scare me. Among these landings, you would see a 747 touching down with 30 deg crab angle at HK airport. At the end, you see a couple of go-arounds when it looked hopeless.

Wow! That's some incredible footage!

Wow! That's some incredible footage!

I was in a landing like those on November 27 in Calgary. There was a chinook. It was terrifying. This was not my plane (I was in a Dash 8, at the back, where it's most turbulent!), but it landed about the same time, just before they closed the airport. But you get the idea. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: W2R
Back
Top Bottom