Things you just don't get !

Mao Ze Dong instituted such system as part of the cultural revolution. And all Chinese were happy ever after. NOT.

Just sayin'....:)

Good point. Perhaps it is one thing to impose it and another to do it? I AM delighted that I can dress as I see fit (or at work, think others see it fitting).

Has this one been mentioned:

Personalized license plates......they cost you more, and if, (even inadvertently), you ever cut another driver off, or somesuch, they're going to forget "AKT-296", but they'll remember' HUBBA" forever.

I thought they WERE pajama pants. :LOL:

Dressing in pajamas at the mall, sort of goes along with leaving rollers in one's hair and wearing slippers while shopping. So crude.

Hmmmm...when a teenager, living in a very small town, having rollers in your hair on a Saturday afternoon and WANTING to be seen in public, pretty much meant that you had a date that night.:LOL::LOL:

Ah, so now people will begin to see why, if one has to work, he/she will not like it. But left to oneself to choose what to do, it's 'nother thing all together.

It's all about freedom of choice, my friends. Freeeeedom!

Mao Ze Dong instituted such system as part of the cultural revolution. And all Chinese were happy ever after. NOT.

Just sayin'....:)

Good point. Perhaps it is one thing to impose it and another to do it?

Last edited:
Speaking of curlers, whatever happened to mothballs? In the old days, every house had mothballs in a clothing chest or in drawers. Did we win the war against moths? Not all clothing is synthetic.

Regarding the Kardashians, I am appalled at what passes for entertainment to some people. I don't even know why I'm talking about this.

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public. (attributed to Henry Louis Menchken)

Hmmmm...when a teenager, living in a very small town, having rollers in your hair on a Saturday afternoon and WANTING to be seen in public, pretty much meant that you had a date that night.:LOL::LOL:
"Hey, Fred, was that your girlfriend I saw in public this afternoon? Everybody in town is talking about the way she looked-- you sure you want to go out with her again?"

Speaking of curlers, whatever happened to mothballs? In the old days, every house had mothballs in a clothing chest or in drawers. Did we win the war against moths? Not all clothing is synthetic.
Aren't those made from naptha, which sublimes and eventually disappears?

Spouse found a stash of one-inch diameter cedar balls. When the outer layer dries out, you're supposed to sand them down a little to restore the scent. Of course you go around smelling like a cedar chest.

The only recent use for mothballs that I've seen is to try to keep mice away from stored cars.

So, just how do you sand one inch balls - other than very carefully, of course...
I suspect you have to start with two-inch balls, and I'm certainly not volunteering for the experiment or the practice!

Has this one been mentioned:

Personalized license plates......they cost you more, and if, (even inadvertently), you ever cut another driver off, or somesuch, they're going to forget "AKT-296", but they'll remember' HUBBA" forever.
I see that your mind works like mine. :)

Ha

One thing I don't get is the open outcry system of trading at the New York Stock Exchange (and others) - all the shouting and hand signals - to me it seems pretty ridiculous that business is still being done this way!

Heck, DW (who has not seen her "teens" for over four decades) and not ready for a date (that I know of :cool: ) still does this (and it dosen't have to be a Saturday :facepalm: ).

Love her, anyway :smitten:

So, just how do you sand one inch balls - other than very carefully, of course...

A more expensive but less labor intensive method is to get a military surplus potato peeler. It is a motor driven drum with a rough surface inside.

In goes a sack or two of potato, flick switch, 5 minutes later dump them out, all peeled. Now if you forget, 15 minutes later, there are no more potatoes. And you have a very pi$$sed off cook to deal with. The joys of KP.

Apply same method to your cedar balls.

JoeDreaming said:
One thing I don't get is the open outcry system of trading at the New York Stock Exchange (and others) - all the shouting and hand signals - to me it seems pretty ridiculous that business is still being done this way!

Like the British parliament, which seems similarly outdated and childish (here, here, boo, hiss). I don't get it.

Why does DW choose to remain employed, but needs not to? :cool: ...

Yeah, I want to live a bit better, but I can't while my "partner" contines to accumulate funds that she needs not to.

I guess I'll take that long deferred trip on RT66 on my droptop, by myself :mad: ...

I don't get:

Why DW wants to buy furniture that is uncomfortable?

We had a big go-around buying couches for the LR years ago. She would drag me out to show me what she wanted, I'd sit in it and say 'no way, who designed this? did they ever actually SIT in it? It isn't comfortable at all'.

DW would say it isn't important (?) it looks nice. I told her I will buy pictures of uncomfortable furniture, and we can hang the pictures on the wall, and admire them from our comfortable seats in the comfortable furniture we will buy. That went over well.

We finally found something she liked that I thought was reasonably comfortable. It wasn't easy.

-ERD50

There are two groups in my experience:

Form before function.

Function before form.

Now it is time for full body armor.

There are two groups in my experience:

Form before function.

Function before form.
As the saying goes "Don't choose style over substance".

We should probably stay away from the area of "things my spouse does that I don't get."

I read some of the posts but not all so these may be repeating what someone else has already written, but I don't get.....

Texting.....when you could just make a call. Those keys are too small for me to want to bother trying to type a message.

Reality shows are so far from reality...how did they get that name?

Why do many overweight women wear such skin tight clothes now-a-days when their shape would be better served with more modest style clothing. Those skin tight designs showing all the rolls and bulges creep me out. Now of course, if you got the great body, by all means show it off!:hide:

Why perfectly healthy people will park in a handicapped parking spot...I have a co-worker that drives his Dad's car with handicap plates, he will park in handicapped parking spots because he can get away with it.

I don't get why you can be ticketed for not wearing a seat belt you in this state you can ride a motorcyle without a helmet.

Why do many overweight women wear such skin tight clothes now-a-days when their shape would be better served with more modest style clothing..
It's like the old joke where the woman is told to wear loose fitting clothing to her first workout session.....her response was "If I had any loose fitting clothing I wouldn't need to attend the class".

Back
Top Bottom