This Armenian Bill is well Nuts.

One note piano?

Why are we so concerned with Turds and Kurks, anyway?

Oh, nevermind...

According to news reports this morning it appears that at least 6 Dems are going to change their votes and vote against this bill. It is about time that they put the interest of the nation ahead of their own.

When will the Republicans do the same:confused:?

It is about time that they put the interest of the nation ahead of their own.

Wags
I am not so sure that the interest of the nation is to vote "No" here. Of course that is a very complicated issue and both positions can be argued in faith.

Please tell me why voting "Yes" to this resolution would be putting their own interest first? I don't see it. In I am pretty sure it isn't since most Americans probably don't care about this issue they have no political gain in doing so.

Please tell me why voting "Yes" to this resolution would be putting their own interest first? I don't see it. In I am pretty sure it isn't since most Americans probably don't care about this issue they have no political gain in doing so.
Well, you didn't ask me, but I'll chime in: You already identified the interests of the Democratic leadership in your earlier post. This all about the war, and influencing same. When Bill Clinton was President, he opposed a nearly identical denunciationof Turkey for the same reason President Bush opposes it now: The adverse impact on Turkish/US relations.

The mystery to me is why the Democrats are rolling up their tent on this one. It is possible that some Democrats in closely contested districts realize the war will not be the express lane to electoral victory in 2008 they'd hoped for. There is progress on the ground in Iraq, US troops are soon to be drawing down incrementally, Al Qaeda in Iraq is on the ropes. The more moderate Democrats may believe it is time to get on board so they won't be depicted as the defeatists who tried to quit the fight.

Or, maybe not.

There's no doubt that the Ottoman Empire killed a very large number of Armenians.

The Armeinan Bill is Nuts

In the Christian Science Monitor (edition for 18 Oct 27) there is an article titled "How Genocide Vote Lost Steam". How 'genocide' vote lost steam | csmonitor.com

It appears that the pack of mangy varmints (Dems & Reps) are reconsidering their positions and votes on this issue.

The article is a good read.:cool:

GOD BLESS:angel:

Looks like they're off to the races.

Turkish Military, PKK Clash Near Iraq Border; 35 Dead

Oct. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Turkey's army and Kurdish militants clashed near the border with Iraq today in fighting that killed 35 people, as Turkey considered an attack on the group's bases in Iraq's Kurdish-controlled north.

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Hey, I'm half Armenian :)

So why exactly is our Congress wasting time debating whether to officially recognize the Armenian genocide as genocide? Isn't it 100 years too late?

Hey, I'm half Armenian :)

So why exactly is our Congress wasting time debating whether to officially recognize the Armenian genocide as genocide? Isn't it 100 years too late?

Glad to see a half Armenian weigh in. I agree, seems about as useful as a resolution condemning Native American genocide or slavery, which would be a more appropriate topic for the US Congress. It's well known that both Armenians and Kurds got the short end of the stick after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. The question for today is, how can we best foster peace and prevent a re-occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom