"This is such a great car..."

2011 Subaru Outback. So far it's been a wonderful car. Handles great in the snow, which we had a chance to try out last night. Maybe even today, if we decided to go out.

After driving foreign cars for decades I got a Chevy Equinox in 2012 after a freak storm (derecho) dropped a tree on my Mazda. My favorite ride ever.
Quality of GM (and Ford) vehicles has dramatically improved in recent years.
And I love the techno goodies and creature comforts.

> but I don't think they 'make them like that anymore

Actually, I'm sometimes amazed at how high quality most cars are these days.

Engines just run and run and run with just an oil change every 5 or 10K miles. Finishes look almost new after 5 years on the road. Tires? They mostly just wear out, rather than leak and blowout.

We've come so far since the dark days of the 70's...

I drive a 2007 Acura TL Type S that I love. It has about 46K miles on it, so it has a long way to go before I wear it out. It had one maintenance issue, the A/C, that was fixed under warranty, but has otherwise been a gem. The later model Acura TL models I'm not a fan of, but the 2007 looks good, is sporty enough, is very reliable and fun to drive.

+1, I've got a 2005 with 169,000 miles on it as of this morning. Outstandingly reliable, comfortable, good looking (in my opinion), and outside of routine maintenance I have had only one unexpected repair. That repair was uncomplicated and inexpensive.

One quick story about my experience with Acura's warranty. Within weeks of buying our TL my wife had a passenger with a bulky briefcase damage the aluminum trim on the door panel. Dented and scratched, it wasn't anything more than unsightly but I knew it was going to bug me forever, what with a new vehicle and all. We went to the dealer we purchased it from and asked what it would cost to repair. The entire interior door panel would need to be replaced and we were told that it would be covered under warranty. Surprised, as I had expected to pay for it myself, I explained that it seemed beyond the scope of the warranty. The service manager assured me that Acura's warranty was for 100% satisfaction, regardless of the cause. I've been one happy customer ever since.

...Within weeks of buying our TL my wife had a passenger with a bulky briefcase damage the aluminum trim on the door panel. Dented and scratched, it wasn't anything more than unsightly but I knew it was going to bug me forever, what with a new vehicle and all. We went to the dealer we purchased it from and asked what it would cost to repair. The entire interior door panel would need to be replaced and we were told that it would be covered under warranty. Surprised, as I had expected to pay for it myself, I explained that it seemed beyond the scope of the warranty. The service manager assured me that Acura's warranty was for 100% satisfaction, regardless of the cause. I've been one happy customer ever since.

Sounds like that dealer was outstanding! I'd keep going there too. A great dealer is a HUGE part of customer satisfaction, but a bad dealer can really hurt any automaker's reputation. I've never owned an Acura, but 2 of my friends have and swore off ever owning another after shabby treatment by local dealer.

DS's 2006 Honda Ridgeline, one of the most comfortable, versatile and reliable vehicles I've ever seen, both in town and on the highway. Even after 100K, this vehicle drives like new.

Anyone out there got a Tesla Model S? I would be curious about their experiences. This looks like a great car, not cheap but.

Anyone out there got a Tesla Model S? I would be curious about their experiences. This looks like a great car, not cheap but.

I have one and Zatharas has two I believe, although maybe he has got a 3rd one by now :D. It is obviously a perfect fit for Oahu where the 130 mile range of my 40 KW (no longer available) is sufficient to drive around the island.

It completely lives up to its hype. I am particularly impressed with the software updates which make the car I own today a better car than when I got it delivered last June.

I am used to driving much smaller cars (15 year in RX-7s, and other 20 in various flavors of Honda), and so I wish it was smaller. If you don't need the room and/or can't justify the cost I'd wait for the ~$40K Model E. But other than that it is a simply remarkable vehicle.

I have a 2007 Lincoln MKX crossover that is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I don't know much about the imports anymore, the last import I owned was a 1970 Volvo. In the town I lived there were only two dealers, a Chevy and a Ford. The nearest import dealer was 80 miles away. Any way the Lincoln drives very well, it's quiet and has lots of power, and it's is very comfortable for long trips. The biggest thing for me is the AWD system is simply amazing on snow and ice.

Back
Top Bottom