Thread notifications go to "Junk" folder

Ready

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For the past six months or so, when this website sends me a notification that someone has replied to a thread I am subscribed to, the email goes to my "Junk" folder. I've tried everything I can think of, and have researched it on the internet, but have not found a way to get the messages redirected back to my inbox.

I'm using a Macbook Pro, and the Apple mail client. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution for it?

Who is your email provider? (ie what does your email address end in. gmail.com yahoo.com?)

I was able to force items with a gmail filter to avoid being sent to junk/spam folder.

Email "deliverablity" issues such as this, on the receiving end, are a bit of a pet peeve of mine that I have spent a significant amount of time researching/understanding.

-gauss

Last edited:
If you move a few of them from the junk folder the program learns that you want to see them and starts to put them in your inbox.

put the address that they are coming from in your "Contacts" or address book or whatever. Usually, if it sees you send to that address, it white-lists it.

-ERD50

I'm using a .me mail address (Apple Mail). I believe it's the same as a .icloud address.

I tried adding the recipient to my contacts, and I moved a few emails from junk to inbox.

Now I guess I'll wait until I receive the next reply to see where it goes. Thanks to all so far for the suggestions.

Apple Mail itself doesn't have a whitelist. As lemming said, it relies on you correcting its mistake a number of times so it can learn that the email is valid. If the manual approach doesn't work after a reasonable number of times, then they suggest you have to talk to support.

It's working again! I'm not sure if adding it to contacts or moving the emails from junk to inbox (or both) was the solution, but thanks again for the help! I kept replying to people's threads and then forgetting to check back for replies, and without the reminders I just dropped out of sight and never got back to people. It's nice to be back on line again.

Back
Top Bottom