Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-26-2016, 06:17 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Too many ads everywhere one looks. How long until adblockers no longer work?
John Galt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2016, 06:32 AM   #22

I have Yahoo mail, and have had to change my password 5-6 times over the last two months. (They seem to have a 'timer" on Goggle chrome saved PW's). Since I can never remember the PW I am forced to change. Then I have to change my smart phone over to the new PW-wot a hassle!
I also have a G-mail account, but have been using Yahoo for 17 years for business and personal, along with numerous stored docs. Afraid it's going to be a large deal to change...
brucethebroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:46 AM   #23

Not yahoo specific but they are a big offender: The rise of the infernal pest of sponsored blogs and Taboola-like networks "One weird trick is making these americans rich"

It's making the web more unusable with every passing day. Hoping somebody takes up the challenge and creates an information-rich web that can be searched separately.
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHare View Post
Yahoo pages are way too cluttered. Reminds me of what happened to Alta Vista shortly before Google ate their lunch. Yahoo groups were decent until they mucked with the design they'd inherited from eGroups.
+1
Old 09-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
Not yahoo specific but they are a big offender: The rise of the infernal pest of sponsored blogs and Taboola-like networks "One weird trick is making these americans rich"

It's making the web more unusable with every passing day. Hoping somebody takes up the challenge and creates an information-rich web that can be searched separately.

Yes, this is a big problem with Yahoo.... but as you say, a good number of sites are doing this...

I remember clicking on a story and at the bottom ALL of the recommended stories were from one of these sites...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

OK... another Yahoo rant....

I have been using Yahoo finance for years... and usually when they make a change I can live with what they do or adjust enough to get what I want...

BUT, not this time (at least so far)....

When I look at my holdings, the old way is gone and what they replace it with is a jumble of numbers.... it used to be laid out nice and neat... but now they appear to let you put in many different lot and give a total... IIRC, it was a year or so ago when they took away the ability to HAVE different lots... but even if you did you could tell it to ignore lots and it was nice and neat.....

I hope they fix this soon.... so far I do not like any of the other major sites, but as Yahoo keeps getting worse the others start to look better....
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote