Travel through air courier flights?

I think we had a thread discussing this a little while back. Might have been nearly fungible before 9/11...probably too much airport hassle coupled with the original local travel hassle.

Yeah, but look at what happened to Tom Hanks on that FedEx flight.....

...although it did create an ER opportunity for him at a young age!

Along with developing a key friendship with an inflatable ball. You just cant buy that kind of experience at any price...

I was the one that previously inquired about it.
I did some inquiry prior to starting the previous thread. As I understand it you fly on regular commercial airlines and basically carry either a document or a parcel that you hand deliver to the freight carrier agent inside the airport. I know someone who had done it before. I just was looking for anyone who may have had some experience. I'm not sure it is worth the hassle unless the flight is free.

th said:
Along with developing a key friendship with an inflatable ball.  You just cant buy that kind of experience at any price...

Think I'd prefer Ginger and Mary Anne to Wilson...

th said:
Well, arent they both about 80 right now?  I'd bet they'd be up for it... :p

Speaking of which I see where Clint Eastwood is 75. This gives me hope as
(although he looks like hell) he seems to be still mobile and enjoyng himself
(MDB comes to mind). I would settle for 15 good years and then going in my sleep. Yeah, that would work for me. I'd take that deal.

JG

Even if we stray from a topic the thread is always interesting to say the least

Whats a topic?

Ginger is actually a spry 71. Mary Ann is a cradle-robbing 67. At least both are still alive as far as I could tell.

From what little I read about it recently it sounds like you have to be available and go where they want you to go. And they don't necessarily pay your entire fare. No thanks. My aunt thinks you take parcels, too. I ain't packing something of somebody else's to take on an airline in this day and age!

Arin38 said:
Yeah, but look at what happened to Tom Hanks on that FedEx flight.....

And it sets such a fine example of what to do during an airline emergency: unbuckle your seatbelt, walk to the cargo net and hook your arm around the webbing. Worked a lot better than sitting buckled in his seat like the pilots did, and not only did he keep his arm but he avoided dislocating his shoulder and elbow.

Back
Top Bottom