Turbotax email filing

engr

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello All,

For 2017 tax filings I had to load TT on my wife's newer computer since mine had an issue. When submitting my federal and state (PA) TT forms I had to submit my 2016 AGI for identification. I later received an e mail stating both the fed and state filings have been rejected by the irs. I had to submit a 5 digit number for myself and one for my wife as part of the e-filing process. I found those numbers on a prior 2015 filing where I wrote them on my hardcopy. Unfortunately, while I was wring down those numbers I also wrote down the AGI number which was located nearby. After my initial rejection, I realized I submitted the AGI for 2015 and not 2016. I went back to TT to edit the AGI number to reflect 2016 data. I then resubmitted my updated AGI data but I got a TT message that something was still wrong. After looking thru some HELP messages I read if TT could not find my last years AGI data to enter a 0 and try again. Since I was using another computer for this year I understand that TT could not transfer last years AGI number. I tried incrementing The 2016 AGI by 1 and then -1 thinking rounding of numbers might be involved. No go.
I don't want to file by snailmail if possible. Does TT treat each submission of new AGI data as an additional trial and after 3 attempts it locks you out like a ATM machine? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom