TV Season/Series Finales

Idnar7

Recycles dryer sheets
This Wednesday's Revenge finale was one of the best season finales I have seen. Made me think back to some of the other great ones:

Dallas (who shot JR)
Mash (helicopter crash)
Bob Newhart (in bed with his wife from his previous series)

Know there are many others - what are your favorites?

+1 for both the MASH and Newhart ones. I can't think of any others right now that I loved but I do remember loathing the final Seinfeld episode (and I was a huge fan) and being inexplicably sad when Cheers ended.

I don't think anyone will ever top the Newhart series finale.

Quantum Leap finale was good.

Star Trek The Next Generation finale was good, too.

Looking forward to the The Closer finale this summer.

I hated the Saving Grace finale. She blew herself up.

+1 for both the MASH and Newhart ones. I can't think of any others right now that I loved but I do remember loathing the final Seinfeld episode (and I was a huge fan) and being inexplicably sad when Cheers ended.

I agree on all of these. As far as Cheers is concerned, while it wasn't a series finale (but rather a character departure), I remember the last episode with Shelley Long (Diane) being a sad one to see - and I recall them using the song "What'll I Do" as part of the goodbye. It was like watching people lose their youth.

Cheers -- Diane Leaves Forever - YouTube

Last edited:
Star Trek The Next Generation finale was good, too.
Definite +1 on that!

Earlier this year, became a big fan of Person of Interest and The Mentalist (kind of like a cross between Sherlock Holmes and Colombo). No coincidence that they just happen to be back-to-back on CBS on Thursday nights. ;)

I like the season finale of POI much better than TM, but both were decent, and I'll definitely tune in this fall when they're back!

I thought the series finale of 'House' was good. It just aired on on Monday. They preceded it with an hour-long real-life show that provided some behind the scenes information. I always like that kind of stuff. I knew Hugh Laurie, who plays the lead role of House, was British, but I had never heard him speak outside his role. He really does a good job speaking with an accent when he's acting.

Huston55 said:
+1

Six Feet Under was, IMHO, the greatest final episode of all time. I still think of it, and its messages, frequently.

+1 I think about it often. I loved that show.

Honestly, I have a hard time remembering and naming my favorite series, let alone the finalies.

I loved the Monk series finale. I didn't think they could come up with anything satisfying, and was blown away by the great job the writers did tying up loose ends and leaving the viewers feeling good.

I liked the finale for "Star Trek: The Next Generation," too. The finale for "L.A. Law" was pretty good.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned "The Wonder Years" which had a great finale.

Seinfeld's series finale was lousy. If you recall, when it first aired, it had 45 minutes of clips and outtakes and 75 minutes of the episode. But when it airs again in syndication, the clips-&-outtakes is reduced to 30 minutes and the episode is reduced to 60 minutes. I thought the finale should have been 2 hours of outtakes because they were really funny, especially the last one with George, Elaine, and George's father in the police station as they kept breaking each other up over and over as they struggled to shoot the short scene.

Law & Order's series finale was pretty lame.

Another fan of Six Feet Under

+1

Six Feet Under was, IMHO, the greatest final episode of all time. I still think of it, and its messages, frequently.

Agree..that may have been the best final episode because it wraps everthing up. Liked House too and will miss it.

Back
Top Bottom