Decent 65" TV with ability to flip/go directly to OTA/cable channels?

Check out, Costco, HISENSE, 65 ". Forget price, somewhere around $365. (S.F. Bay Area, CA).
4K. Currently own 2, 55" Hisense. One is over 4 yrs. old.

Super cheap. Picture pretty darn good. Many are amazed how good it is for the price. Also, a fan of Costco customer service and return policy.:)

We have a TCL 65" 4K UHD we bought at Black Friday a couple of years ago for around $425. Never had any problems, has great picture.

Walking thru Walmart today, they have a 70" 4K UHD for $460. I almost wish the grandkids would break our current TV so we could get the 70".

These TVs are dirt cheap these days. Walk thru Sams Club, Costo, or even Walmart.

Just to close the loop on this thread I started a while back....

We ended up buying the Costco 65" LG UQ8000. It dropped to $429 for a week or so and we couldn't resist. It also has a $75 streaming credit we probably won't bother with. Very satisfied with the purchase. It has numerical buttons on the remote so we can flip through channels quickly or go directly to a specific channel. Picture looks fine to us after playing with the adjustments a bit and sound is better than we expected. The screen is more reflective than prior TVs in the same spot, but it is a very bright room with windows on three sides.

As noted by Qs Laptop, above, the Magic Remote is a bit different than what we are used to. I find the mouse function hit-and-miss, but my SO loves it. I prefer to just use the remote from our older 55" LG TV--works great on both (the Magic Remote does not work on the older LG TV except to power on/off though). :)

Just to close the loop on this thread I started a while back....

We ended up buying the Costco 65" LG UQ8000.

As noted by Qs Laptop, above, the Magic Remote is a bit different than what we are used to. I find the mouse function hit-and-miss, but my SO loves it. I prefer to just use the remote from our older 55" LG TV--works great on both (the Magic Remote does not work on the older LG TV except to power on/off though). :)

My new LG C2 comes with a version of the magic remote. I find I really like it for zipping around menus and especially typing in user names and passwords. The magic remote that came with my TV can also control the cable set top box which is a huge advantage over the magic remote from my 2014 LG TV. You should check into whether or not your magic remote will control the cable box.

Also, there are a lot of hidden functions on the magic remote that I found out about by watching YouTube videos.

..,I almost wish the grandkids would break our current TV so we could get the 70".
There is quite a number of us that wish our current TV would break, so that we could buy one of the new ones. :)

My new LG C2 comes with a version of the magic remote. I find I really like it for zipping around menus and especially typing in user names and passwords. The magic remote that came with my TV can also control the cable set top box which is a huge advantage over the magic remote from my 2014 LG TV. You should check into whether or not your magic remote will control the cable box.

Also, there are a lot of hidden functions on the magic remote that I found out about by watching YouTube videos.

Magic remote? What magic remote?

Yes, we have it but it is put away We use the Apple TV remote for everything. Streaming only here.

Magic remote? What magic remote?

Yes, we have it but it is put away We use the Apple TV remote for everything. Streaming only here.

Same here but with Roku Ultra.

I do watch some NFL football on cable but that's about it for cable content.

Back
Top Bottom