Ultrasonic Cat Critter Repellent

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A cat has taken up residence in my hosta garden, which happens to be by the front door. He naps there, and also uses it for his litter box, so my entry way smells like cat pizz. :facepalm:

They don't like citrus, so everything got a spray bath with orange oil today, but have heard a lot about ultrasonic repellent devices, like this one.

The price is right, but I don't want to throw $20 away if it doesn't work at all. I found an older post by ImOlderNU, but this one is solar.

Any experience with such a thing?

Feral cat advocates suggest that the motion activated sprinklers are effective, and also the cat scat mats, which are plastic mats with soft spikes you can place in the areas they like to lay down or dig. The citrus spray is also a good idea.
You can always try the ultrasonic one for a while if you order from somewhere with a good return policy, and just return it if it doesn’t work.

I thought I'd close the loop on this. I ordered an ultrasonic repeller, and had to return it because it was too effective. Even at the lowest setting, our dog could hear it even if he was inside. Drove him nuts. If he was outside and we turned it on inside, he went bonkers. Apparently it's the perfect pitch.

I found some solar motion detection spotlights, and two of these coupled with the citrus spray, scatter mats and replacement of the soaked mulch seems to have forced the kitty to a new locale (fingers crossed).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom