(Utility) Flat Rate Program

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Last summer I enrolled in a new program that our utility company made available for electric/gas customers.

They guaranteed a one year flat rate for electricity of $0.092/kWh and a rate of $1.60/ccf for natural gas. As promised, this is that rate that I have been charged for the last 12 months.

Well, my year is up and I am being asked to agree with the new rates : electric~$0.106/kWh and gas~ $1.60/ccf. If I agree, I can still bail out at any time.

When I agreed to this program last year I had no idea if it was good or bad deal for me and mine. I am no smarter this year.:rant:

Can one of you knowledgeable folks advise me if I got a good deal last year? Are they offering a fair (good for me) deal for this year?

It's quite the conundrum....

It'd be a bit easier to help if you went to the utility company web site and looked at their current and recent historic tariff rates for gas and electricity.

Within different utilities and regions serviced, rates for both can vary wildly.

Both your electric and gas rates would be considered stupendously cheap in parts of california and hawaii. Maybe quite expensive in a town serviced by a nuke or a hydro dam.

Not sure about the natural gas price as I'm all electric, but the $0.106/Kwh guaranteed price sounds good to me. I hear many in the DFW area are currently paying $0.12 - 0.14 or more.

Back
Top Bottom