Vancouver 2010

I've got about ten hours of Olympic programming on my PVR and cannot bring myself to delete it... it has been a magic two weeks in my city.

Admittedly, I was an Olympic skeptic - I thought the only legacy of the games would be a massive bill and a subsequent hike in taxes to pay for it. Not sure how it came across to those outside of Vancouver and Canada, but the outpouring of pride and patriotism surprised many people... myself included.

Congratulations to the US for winning the total medal count and giving us some spectacular entertainment!

And may I proudly say congratulations to Canada for winning the gold medal count (a record 14 for any country in the winter games, ever!)
It's hard to say definitively who the biggest "winner" was in these games.

In terms of total medals, the U.S. "won".

In terms of the number of gold medals, Canada "won".

The bottom line is that collectively, North America kicked serious butt to a level never seen in the Winter Games before.

The Olympics should be like jury duty. One month before the games, random people get notices about what event they will be competing in.
Congratulations, you will be competing in the Vancouver 2010 Olympics in the sport of Freestyle Skiing Aerials! You have one month to train. Good luck!
I wonder how well the US would do in that situation.

The Olympics should be like jury duty. One month before the games, random people get notices about what event they will be competing in.
Congratulations, you will be competing in the Vancouver 2010 Olympics in the sport of Freestyle Skiing Aerials! You have one month to train. Good luck!
I wonder how well the US would do in that situation.

We already have people in stealth training for freestyle aerials.
Trebuchet.com

Back
Top Bottom