Vanguard Not Recognizing my Computer

My daughter was locked out of her vanguard account 3 times in the past 2 weeks, but I was always able to access her account (different computers). We spoke with the Vanguard rep, he “reset”, things were fine. At my request they investigated and left me a long, polite and well mannered voicemail that said time and again that there was no technical failure so it must have been “user initiated”.

I was locked out of my account yesterday morning. I called. The rep told me there had been a system problem over the past week and that “many accountholders” had suffered the same problem. He was a bit concerned because they had been told the problem had been resolved friday night but this happened saturday morning.

I brought up the previous problem with my daughter and their terrible response blaming the user – and suggested they take more care to avoid this type of attitude.

Hmmm - sorta like back in the day when unknowns were - 'pilot error.'

heh heh heh - :D

My daughter was locked out of her vanguard account 3 times in the past 2 weeks, but I was always able to access her account (different computers). We spoke with the Vanguard rep, he “reset”, things were fine. At my request they investigated and left me a long, polite and well mannered voicemail that said time and again that there was no technical failure so it must have been “user initiated”.

They have a security feature where if you try to enter the answers to your security question 3 times in a row and do so incorrectly each time, it locks out any future access from unknown computers. Only computers that have previously been used to log in to vanguard and still had the cookies to prove it could log in until you reset your security questions by calling in. This happened to me a while back.

They have a security feature where if you try to enter the answers to your security question 3 times in a row and do so incorrectly each time, it locks out any future access from unknown computers. Only computers that have previously been used to log in to vanguard and still had the cookies to prove it could log in until you reset your security questions by calling in. This happened to me a while back.
You sound like the guy at vanguard.:)

The problem Vanguard had this past week, as confirmed to me by my own experience and then by the vanguard rep, was a system error that began by not recognizing the "normal access" computer, then not accepting the security questions, even when they were correctly answered.

Same here - - no problem logging in, and no login questions. They even posted my end of June Wellesley dividend.

OK, this morning when I logged in from work as I often do, I was asked my security question. However, no problems at all after that. It didn't bother me.

You sound like the guy at vanguard.:)

The problem Vanguard had this past week, as confirmed to me by my own experience and then by the vanguard rep, was a system error that began by not recognizing the "normal access" computer, then not accepting the security questions, even when they were correctly answered.

Ok - wasn't sure if you knew about the "security feature" where they shut off access to new computers if you answer the questions wrong 3x. I didn't and that was why I was baffled at being able to access from some cpus and not others. And it was our corporate account for my employer, so I had to get the company president to call in to vanguard to re-initialize the security questions (so it was a little bit of a hassle).

Did any of you get the security question "What was the first name of the first person you had sex with?"

Did any of you get the security question "What was the first name of the first person you had sex with?"

Naw, they know that most of us are so old we'd never remember! :LOL: They just ask that one of the young guys like you!

Mine asked "What were the first names of the first people you had sex with?". What are they implying?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom