Viciuos Dog attacts again

Shredder

Recycles dryer sheets
My 11lb Yorkie recorded his first kill today. When we returned from a walk he chased and cornered a chipmonk under the central air unit. A couple of faints and the chippy took off, Scrappy pounced and with savage efficientcy dispatched the chipmonk. Looking back the warning signs were there but we did not think much about them. The way he tore into meat, how much he enjoys shaking his toys till they squeak, his anger at the mailman, last week when he ripped off some leaves from a houseplant while we were out. If we don't take action soon, he will be chasing bear. I'll have to lock him up when the UPS guy comes. And if the insurance co. gets wind of this, who knows what my insurance rate will be? Shredder

11 lb yorkie? That's one big yorkie.

My post-farm dogs have all been pretty wussy. We had a standard poodle who one time found a rabbit warren in our yard. He was walking around with a little baby rabbit poking its head out of the dogs mouth. I took it out, it was just fine, and put in back in its nest.

My Karly and Lucy are stone animal hunters.  Brought Karly home at 8 wks, a cute little Rott puppy.  The next morning she had a full sized red tail hawk on the bed next to her.  It was bigger than her.  Fortunately, they love people.

Take a look for a program on the National Geographic channel called "The Dog Whisperer". I don't even own a dog, and find the program facinating. There are lots of good pointers for making a dog happier too.

No dogs here, but I do have a Siamese cat who hunts.

He has brought me many field mice, 1 baby bunny (unfortunately it died) a full sized quail, a few lizards and a few random birds. Our back yard opens to a greenbelt with a creek so he has lots of opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom