Watch News Videos?

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
So you're reading the news headlines online, and the headline reads:

Seniors Rally to Change Driving Rules

You click, and a Video drops down to cover the article.

Do you click on the video to see and listen to what the crowd of people are doing?
or...
Click on the X on the top right of the video, to clear the screen and read the article?

:cool:

I only read the news, never watch videos. And never watch TV news either. Reasons - I am partially deaf so cannot understand a lot of what is said (sometimes CC helps but not always. Sometimes it is too fast and I cannot read it, sometimes it is not available). But the bigger reason is I do not consume news in a top-to-bottom fashion. I skim ahead, then go back and read the details, or sometimes skip ahead. Sometimes I will get to the end of the article and go back to re-read a whole paragraph. I cannot do that when it is a video. Sometimes I also find the person delivering the news to be distracting. And I find embedded ads really annoying. I am old fashioned I guess.

I only read the news, never watch videos. And never watch TV news either. Reasons - I am partially deaf so cannot understand a lot of what is said (sometimes CC helps but not always. Sometimes it is too fast and I cannot read it, sometimes it is not available).

That’s me too. The people that read the news are using a written article to read from. There should not be any reason that the transcript/article not be published along with the video. grrrrrr

I hate those videos. I often read the news in bed while DH is sleeping. Occasionally I click on an article not realizing it’s a video until a voice comes blasting out of my phone. Grrrr

I like to skim an article before I read it to make sure it is a subject I am interested in , it is reasonably objective and factual, and the reporter knows something about what he/sh is talking about - so the videos don't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom