Watching habits

I do not watch TV (or streaming video services). DW still has some favorite programs but I find it easy to ignore them.

Hahahaha!! I have to admit, everytime I see this thread pop up under "recents" I think about Nuns!!

Of course, we are 1/2 thru documentary Keepers on Netflix....(highly recommend).

No TV either, I do all my watching (and plenty of it) on laptop.

I put the TV on at 5:30 pm to watch the news. I also watch non-fiction and fiction. I hate sports. My DH occasionally watches sports. WE like some shows the same and some different so have 2 TV's. I usually have the TV on all evening until I go to bed but usually knit while I watch. I knit scarves for the homeless. When DH is not working he watches a lot of TV.

I'll be watching Game of Thrones tonight. Fairly excited about it actually

We usually DVR the morning and evening news and watch them live or delayed depending on what else is going on. We also have PrimeTime Anytime that DVRs all prime time shows on CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox and we have certain favorites that we watch.

I also binge watch certain shows on Prime using Fire TV... highly recommend Newsroom... an Arron Sorkin show similar in tone to the West Wing but about a major network newsroom. I'm currently watching Orphan Black... only 4 episodes in... interesting but the jury is out.

News - 10%

Fiction - zero. I prefer to get my fiction from reading a physical book, or listening to one on CD in my car.

Nonfiction - 40% - weather, travel and food.

Sports - average 50%, though that varies by the time of year. This month it's more like 80% between the Tour de France, Irish, Scottish and British Open golf, Austrian & British Grand Prix etc. We prefer watching individual sports, mainly from Europe (where I grew up).

If I required any further proof that I/we belong to assorted minorities hereabouts: Food? People regularly watch shows about food? :eek: :LOL:

If I required any further proof that I/we belong to assorted minorities hereabouts: Food? People regularly watch shows about food? :eek: :LOL:
I'd probably weigh 16 tons if I did that! :LOL: I truly do admire their self discipline while watching shows about delicious foods.

I truly do admire their self discipline while watching shows about delicious foods.

If indeed it is present. :LOL:

(BTW, WRT your signature.....how are Messrs Croup and Vandemar these days? ;) )

If indeed it is present. :LOL:

(BTW, WRT your signature.....how are Messrs Croup and Vandemar these days? ;) )

I have no idea who they are! I found the quote on one of those quotations websites, and thought it was cool and could easily apply to our efforts in overcoming obstacles on the way to retirement. Probably I should have investigated the context and author, but I didn't.

Hopefully it's an innocent quote, and not the last words of a mass murderer or something... :D

I have no idea who they are! I found the quote on one of those quotations websites, and thought it was cool and could easily apply to our efforts in overcoming obstacles on the way to retirement. Probably I should have investigated the context and author, but I didn't.

Hopefully it's an innocent quote, and not the last words of a mass murderer or something... :D

The characters I mentioned are from Neverwhere by Gaiman......I read it three times before passing it on to our twelve year old granddaughter......also watched the TV series and loved it too, (although with the book one can personally imagine how the people look & sound.)

Neil Gaiman  |  Neil's Work | Books | Neverwhere

Reactions: W2R
News 0%
Fiction, etc 100%
DIY 0%
Sports 0%

I don't watch a lot of TV (no cable), but if I do it is to watch a movie or TV series on Netflix/Amazon.

You must be quite happy this year. Grew up in Houston. Was an Astro buddy when I was a kid. Not sure if they still do that.

Muir

I took my son and grandson to an Astros game earlier this season. Son signed up grandson for Astros Buddies, so yea, they still do that. Go Stros!

My cable co accidentally added back the upper tier of TV shows I had recently gotten rid of. At first I was happy, but when I started surfing through the channels, I got annoyed that now I have all those extra channels to "harass me". Must be Alvin Toffler's "Overchoice" or something. Anyone remember Alvin Toffler?

Back
Top Bottom