We Shall Remain

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My mother called me tonight to let me know about this program. She has always been interested in Native American history. Mom grew up on a Kansas wheat farm and was surrounded with Native American people and culture. She sent me this link and I wanted to share it with all of you. The program starts tomorrow night - 4/13/2009:

We Shall Remain | American Experience | PBS

Thanks, I bookmarked it. It looks like you will be able to watch it online once the series starts?

I recently took a class in American Art History. The textbook had nothing on Native American Art but the instructor fought tooth and nail to include it in the syllabus and won. They sometimes call it indigenous art.

Thanks for letting me know. I have 1/4 Indian blood and am enrolled in a federally recognized tribe, so this kind of thing interests me. I have the DVR set to record the series.

Thanks for letting me know. I have 1/4 Indian blood and am enrolled in a federally recognized tribe, so this kind of thing interests me. I have the DVR set to record the series.

If you ever make your way to DC, you have to visit the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian. The museum includes exhibits from North, Central and South American Indians. I took some out of town company there this past fall. Here are a few pictures I took:

Attachments

• P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    403.5 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    421.1 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010017.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 4
a few more pictures. The one with the Capitol in the background was taken from the front door of the museum shows my friend and her teen aged son.

Attachments

• P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    425.3 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    438.6 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    380.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010029.JPG
    P1010029.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 2
My mother called me tonight to let me know about this program. She has always been interested in Native American history. Mom grew up on a Kansas wheat farm and was surrounded with Native American people and culture. She sent me this link and I wanted to share it with all of you. The program starts tomorrow night - 4/13/2009:

Thanks for posting this link . I found the museum interesting so I'll be sure to watch the program .

Great Link! - my grandparents were from western KS, we have a a lot of family history from out there.

Back
Top Bottom