Wedding Sticker Shock

kz said:
We've been attending quite a few weddings lately (friend's kids) and have seen the whole gammit of costs. It's interesting that one of the two elaborate ones we attended, well the marriage itself made it 8 months. Sad, very sad.

Priest friend of mine states that he actually sees a correlation between the amount of money spent on weddings and time spent married, i.e. the more spent, the less time spent married.

Not sure if he is correct but it does seem plausible.

When my daughter started making her wedding plans I suggested she check out the availability of the community room down at the firehouse...all the women stopped talking to me after that.

Getting married on Saturday ::)....50 people,very nice place, no DJ, no limo, no hired photographer....having a great buffet brunch with mimosas and Belgian waffle station for 1/2 the cost of a sit-down....with rings and all probably about $4000(and the only reason we're spending that much is the main squeeze really wants it...).
Very tasteful and wonderful weddings can be had without spending outrageuos amounts of money.
I don't think it's a bad thing for the couple to shell out some of thier own dinero (if not all), for their own wedding. I think working hard and saving for their own wedding can teach some valuable lessons....
Then there's they honeymoon (that's where the real money is going) ;)

Adventuregirl

BUM said:
When my daughter started making her wedding plans I suggested she check out  the availability of the community room down at  the firehouse...all the women stopped talking to me after that.

:D Man, can I ever identify with that! :D

Thanks! Forcast is for rain right now :p...so everybody cross their fingers and hope for sun!!!! 8)

Adventuregirl

Back
Top Bottom