Well, im snowed in...good thing i dont work for someone else!

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
i plowed with my craftsman mower this morning and did well. i was sick all day and slept. i got up at 9pm, and with a 10 foot running start, couldnt get the craftsman more than 3 feet outta the garage! i just feel bad for the parents of the kids my fiance watches.... i guess they are walking up the drive?

They were predicting 7 to 10 inches of snow for here. It's all done now, and we had about 4".

I thought about going out and clearing it this evening, but I sat down until that thought went away! :D

I'm taking another ER "practice" day-off tomorrow, so I'll probably go out and clear the white stuff away a little at a time....no hurry....no where I need to go!

The city plow just went past a few minutes ago, plowed our street curb-to-curb, and cleared the end of my driveway out for me....it's nice to have friends that drive the plows. Just hope they stay my friends after I retire, and don't see them all the time. ;)

Where?
Im in DC...we got ice. Feds got off 2 hrs early. Schools off 2hrs early and probably closed tommorrow. I never pulled the Toro otta the shed this year.

We're getting snow/sleet right now, about 4 inches on the ground but the news is saying the roads are a mess. I'm soooo glad I'm doing a practice ER day :)

We went from near blizzard conditions yesterday (constant snow and 25-30mph winds), to bright, sunny, cloudless skies today!!!

I went out at about 6am and cleared the driveway and some of the sidewalk, and will probably finish the rest of the sidewalk this afternoon. Fortunately we didn't get any freezing rain or ice, like we did Dec 1st...and like those of you out east got (or are getting).

Stay warm....Shovel carefully....then have yourself a hot toddy!!! :)

Or better yet, start with the hot toddy, and screw the snow shoveling all together!!! :D

im in NE OHIO

I have a good 18-24 inches all over, and drifts of over 3 feet in spots

the few feet i did clear last night dont even look touched

i called an old buddy who plows, and he said hed try to get here by 7am, as he does commercial accounts first ...well...10am and no show!

ALL three sets of parents of the kids my fiance watches called to cancel.
One is stuck in the drive, one goes to school full time and Akron U is cancelled, and the other called because she didnt even want to attempt leaving her drive

Welll this global warming climate change reallly s**ks. Intersting on how the MSM is all about winter stories and not talkin up global warming.climate change. Here in Eastern WA the 3 ft of snow on the ground is starting to melt though we're supposed to get 2"- 4" of snow above 2500 ft. Just think by the end of the century it'll be desert here if you belive uncle Al :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

20mph winds 9 degrees, a foot of snow on top of freezing rain. We fared better than our Long Island neighbors to the south. The weight of the "wintry mix" snapped power line by the dozens.

73ss454, you out just in time. Way to go! ;)

Same thing up here on the MA/NH border, snow, sleet then rain on top with a flash freeze during the night. Dh watches the traffic reports while I'm getting ready, he came in and announced I'd have an easy ride in. I93 out of NH is two lanes until it hit's the MA border, 3 exits up into NH there was a jackknifed truck going south and on the opposite side going north was another, both sides of the road were closed. That pretty much put a cork in the traffic coming out of NH for me. There was also a 18wheeler roll over on my route but I was early enough not to get backed up with the curiosity idiots. Still it was slow all the way into Boston, if I didn't have to get payroll done today I'd have taken another day off.

DH got the plow stuck this morning, so I was a bit late to w*rk. Of course, he was blaming ME because I'm the one who had to be somewhere. Most days, he w*rks out of the house.

Back
Top Bottom