What are you listening to today?

Janet H

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Starting my day this way...

Last edited:
I have the FM radio on a classical station. Very few commercials. The lack of commercials appeals to me even more than the classical music, possibly.

The Sounds of Silence (literally, I'm enjoying the silence today).

After enjoying a show last night (Celtic Tenors) I'm listening to my favorite Celtic Rock band.

I also listened to the sounds of silence for most of the day while I wrote Christmas cards and sorted through a giant box of photographs (will send a large portion to my sister as there are many from her childhood...before I was born). Just turned on the TV and am listening to a program on the History Channel on the search for the Ark of the Covenant.

Was a day at the mancave. Indoors nothing but silence. Outside rain and the creek babbling.

Sor, a classical guitarist from 1800's. I have taken up a new hobby, playing classical guitar. I love the sound and am listening to more music of this genre.

While in the car, I've been listening to 'Holiday Traditions' Christmas music on SiriusXM. And at home, as every Saturday evening, we're watching and listening to all of the different music shows on RFD-TV (6 hours worth)....Ronnie Reno's Bluegrass, The Presley's in Branson, Marty Stuart Show, Midwest Country Show from Sandstone, MN, Cumberland Highlanders bluegrass show, and right now, The Molly B Polka Party. After Molly is Larry's Country Diner and then Country's Family Reunion. Just a bunch of good, relaxing, down-home music!

As I read this thread I am listening to Songlines by the Derek Trucks Band. IMHO one of the greatest guitarists walking around these days. I love seeing them in person and watching the great guitar/flute duels between Derek and Kofi Burbridge.

+1 on Derek Trucks

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

From the age of about 7 or 8, until my career as a DJ/presenter/host ended 5 years ago, I have listened to music for a minimum of 8 hours a day continuously. Some days, it was 12 hours or more. Since then, I hardly ever listen to music, despite having a large library of it. However, yesterday I was listening to a 1-hour special the company I worked for produced on the band Garbage.

This morning, I am listening to my daily ham radio net on 7268.5KHz. When that is over, the rest of the day will be spent in relative silence, broken by the occasional sound of kitty meows :smitten:

From the age of about 7 or 8, until my career as a DJ/presenter/host ended 5 years ago, I have listened to music for a minimum of 8 hours a day continuously. Some days, it was 12 hours or more. Since then, I hardly ever listen to music, despite having a large library of it. However, yesterday I was listening to a 1-hour special the company I worked for produced on the band Garbage.

This morning, I am listening to my daily ham radio net on 7268.5KHz. When that is over, the rest of the day will be spent in relative silence, broken by the occasional sound of kitty meows :smitten:

It is definitely possible to get too much of a good thing. Hopefully you can still enjoy your favourite music in small doses!

It is definitely possible to get too much of a good thing. Hopefully you can still enjoy your favourite music in small doses!
There are still times when certain pieces, whether classical, rock, or otherwise, still send me into raptures. I will occasionally watch a documentary on a favorite musician and still experience wonder at such creativity and artistry. As a rather pragmatic person, I am in awe of the creativity I see around me!

Snarky Puppy! They won a grammy for "Something" with Layla Hathaway, but here's another number for your listening pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom