What have you won?

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A friend of mine thinks I'm always winning things. I'm not so sure I win things more than anyone else.

Last week I won a whimsical MacKenzie-Childs vase (by drawing) after visiting the factory gift shop. (But then, everything at MacKenzie-Childs is "whimsical." And pricey. See MacKenzie-Childs - MacKenzie-Childs - Hand painted ceramics, dinnerware, tableware, glassware and home furniture.)

In the past few years I've won...

... an iPod nano (after guessing the closest to the actual number of peanut M&Ms in a tall glass container.)

... event tickets from a radio show (just by being caller number nine.)

... Bose ear buds (attending a presentation about light bulb manufacturing. The ear buds are very comfortable and go well with the iPod. I had actually purchased Bose ear buds, so the pair I won is the back-up for if/when the pair I bought goes bad.)

What have you won?

Kindest regards,
spncity

There was a drawing of business cards for prizes at some convention I went to. I explained to my friend that if you bend the card, it's more likely to stick up and be selected. I won. Don't remember what it was.

A long time ago (mid 1980s)...I won 2 tickets to the Moscow Ballet peforming The Nutcracker in a tiny little town near me. My company was sponsoring a Great Artists Series at a local historic theatre. All employees were automatically entered in a weekly drawing for free tickets.
I was astounded when the tickets showed up in my paycheck. :D

The only things that I remember winning was a dress from a local dress shop when I was in high school. I had to select the dress from an assortment from a "trunk show" and the dresses, to me, at the time, old lady dresses.:D Then about a year ago I won an coffee table art book from a local art museum. The book was nice.

My late husband used to enter corporate sweepstakes. He subscribed to a newsletter that listed all the new sweepstakes each month. He spent countless hours entering those things. That little hobby lasted probably the first 10 years of our marriage. During that time he won several little things but hit it big a couple times. He won a drive-to trip to Colorado Springs (hotel free - Hilton) one time. The biggie was a weeks vacation on Waikiki, stayed at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel, all meals from a certain buffet a couple of blocks away were free and also a nice luau was included. I believe the sponsor for that sweepstake contest was Vadel Sassoon...not sure I spelled that right tho. Boy, that was a NICE vacation.

Last edited:
The only thing I ever won was $50 worth of groceries at a supermarket grand opening.

Many years ago(80's) I won a 10 speed bicycle from a pizza joint. A new one that had opened up so filled out the drawing card and a few weeks later, I had a new bike. I've won golf bags and stuff like that during free drawings in golf tournaments I've played in.

The biggest $ amount was a lottery ticket with 5 of the 6 numbers on it and was $700+ somewhere in the late 80's. I won a 13" tv via a drawing at a buisiness expo and I got a lot of attention as the prize was delivered to me at work one day. There was also a portable record player/radio I won from an Apple Jacks sweepstakes that was in the 60's. A few other gift baskets and such once in awhile.

Do you feel lucky? :cool:

I have won a bicycle, an artificial Christmas tree and free internet time on a cruise. I had a boss that won a car.

I once won a bicycle. DW and I also won a free pizza every week for one year from Pizza Hut. That was nice, we never got tired of the pizzas. It would have been even more thoughtful if they'd included a complimentary coronary artery bypass operation.

I won a free 5 day houseboat and powerboat use at Lake Powell. That was fun!

What have you won?

Once I went to a party where we all played Bingo. I won. Guess what the prize was? That's right, a lottery ticket. The lottery ticket was a loser. I still wonder if I really won the Bingo game.

I won a company-wide chili cookoff, received lower section tickets to Phoenix Suns game.

Back
Top Bottom