What is for breakfast

I like to eat fish for breakfast but I don't have any at this time. I hope to catch some this fall for the winter. I love them with toast for some change up for the winter months.

Butter and jam on a half baguette plus a cup of tea or a bowl of café au lait.

Today I had a banana, french toast and coffee. I mix it up tho. Sometimes cereal with blueberries, bacon and eggs, yogurt and maybe just a protein bar. Not a big oatmeal fan but get more in the mood for it during the winter.

eggs over easy, home made sage breakfast sausage and toast. Coffee of course too.

I'm still w*rking, so generally one of three things if I'm making it at home:

Coffee - always, with heavy cream.

Option 1: Homemade overnight oats
- 2/3 cup full-fat greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raw oats
- a few raisins
- 1-2 TBSP honey
- 1+ TBSP chia seeds

Mix in a jar (I use old pickle jars), and cover. Let sit in fridge overnight.

Option 2: Dressed up oatmeal
- Raw oats + enough water to cover - cook 90s on high in microwave
- Add brown sugar or honey, walnuts, berries, a few raisins, chia seeds, and cinnamon.

Usually do this with a glass of whole milk for fat + protein.

Option 3: Bacon and eggs (weekends)
- thick cut bacon
- 3 eggs scrambled, over diced avocado topped with chunky salsa
- 1/2 or whole bagel depending on my workout
- fruit - berries or grapes

Usually 2-3 eggs, bacon, black coffee, fruit (banana or berries). Sometimes just coffee but followed by an early lunch.

I grind coffee beans and make very strong cappuccino. Always have 4 fruits, whatever is in season or available and fair price/over high fiber cereal with 2 TBS of deluxe mixed nuts/sunflower seeds and pepitas seeds, unsalted. Milk. Unless we go out for breakfast.

Coffee.
Most days I'll have a smoothie made with spinach, strawberries, almond milk, yogurt, and water.
A couple times a week will be fried eggs, bacon (sometimes), and a slice of toast.
Road day s the hotel breakfast or Mickey Ds

Black coffee. Then a second cup. I’ve never been hungry in the morning, but skipping breakfast is a pretty unhealthy habit, so maybe once a month I have scrambled eggs out of guilt. DH has yogurt mixed with fruit and granola every morning. And coffee with skim milk.

Usually oatmeal cooked with skim milk and topped with walnuts and berries. Occasionally shredded wheat and milk and a sliced banana or whole wheat toast with almond butter and jam. Once in a great while (when I can get the good stuff) it will be a toasted sesame bagel with Scottish smoked salmon, cream cheese, and a paper thin slice of onion. I also have a pot of chamomile tea even though I would prefer coffee. Rarely drink coffee anymore due to the acid and I'd rather control my diet than take medicine.

Scrambled eggs almost every day; the DW usually mixes in bacon, ham, or veggies. Then I make myself a cup of coffee.

Coffee, a couple of Bloody Mary’s, glazed donuts or beignets with powdered sugar, biscuits and sausage gravy, eggs Benedict with extra hollandaise sauce, and a couple of slices of French Toast (heavy on the melted butter and maple syrup). Nah, just kidding. Only in my dreams.

Actual breakfast is usually a couple of eggs cooked with onions, peppers and mushrooms, served with either uncured nitrate/nitrite-free bacon or some of my homemade breakfast sausage and a fruit salad. I stopped eating store bought sausage due to all of the added chemicals. I’ve come to enjoy our actual breakfast, but still lust for all of the items I listed in my “dream” breakfast.

Most days, except when traveling is a 1/2 grapefruit with a few blueberries on top. Two pieces (small) of over toasted eight grain bread. Plain-no butter. Once in a while I add the Kirkland natural peanut butter. Two or three cups of french roast coffee.

Speaking of french toast, my grandmother (aka “Mamaw”) used to deep fry french toast. Delightfully crunchy, vs. the usual soggy.

Have seen versions of french toast using banana/pumpkin/zucchini bread, but haven’t tried myself. Maybe someday.

Frankly, I prefer waffles...

And always maple syrup!

I only eat two meals a day so breakfast is usually brunch and I might have an egg salad wrap or a salad with tuna fish .

I heard a new recipe I want to try for brunch this year after Thanksgiving.

Take leftover stuffing from Thanksgiving dinner and compact it a bit with hands then press into a waffle iron. Leave in iron just enough to warm it thoroughly.

Serve with a hot poached egg on top.

I love stuffing so I can't wait to try this next month!

I drop two or three vacuum sealed steaks into the sous vide bin in the morning at 130 degrees F. Around 1300, I either sear them in a cast iron or broil them on high for some color. If I do hamburgers, I will throw those on the grill as well. If DW, wants to eat steak or burgers, I make her one. If not (she's not a crazy carnivore like me) then I throw whats leftover into the refer to microwave for later. Occasionally, I will just throw a couple of pounds of ground beef in the skillet and brown it up to set in the refer. If wife wants spaghetti, I take a portion and warm it up in skillet with italian seasonings, bay leaves, tomato paste and water. If she wants tacos, I take a portion of ground beef, throw it in skillet add some salt, pepper, red pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Meal prep and shopping is way easy. I spend more time planning what DW and DS will eat than myself. My little six year old still eats a lot of garbage. Chips, goldfish, muffins, yogurt snacks, cheese snacks, etc. For me, I just buy steaks and ground beef on sale. Get home, vacuum seal and stick in the refer/ freezer. Wake up next day to same routine. No muss, no fuss. When I finally get them both converted to strictly carnivore, we will just be buying meat. Of course, that is challenging.
Thanks, I enjoy hearing how others eat.

Being a carnivore seems easy for shopping, I hate shopping. Since I shop and do all the cooking I'll suggest this to DW. What could go wrong?

Orange juice , wheat toast , coffee. Got to have energy to start the day right.

Last edited:
1 cup Silk Cashew Almond Protein milk, 1 scoop vegan pea protein vanilla flavor, 1 scoop brown rice vanilla protein powder, blueberries, banana; peach, nectarine or strawberries and a sprinkle on top of Kashi Go Lean cereal. 5 grams of sugar total, 50+ grams of protein. Occasionally add a handful of walnuts. That, plus a French press carafe of coffee and I’m done for 6 hours.

Back
Top Bottom