What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I just put the InstaPot in my cart, after more than a year of resisting.
You will be so glad that you did! I use mine several times a week and just love it. And this is quite a bargain. I paid the same amount just for a 3 quart one that was not on sale, last summer.

I am still looking for a BF deal for me. I am in serious Blow That Dough mode right now, but haven't found anything I want. :banghead:

Two days before we got off our Hawaiian cruise, DW's Android tablet crumped. After much research she settled on the Kindle 10. Ordered it Monday, arrived Wednesday.
It even has Alexa built in. She is having a ball with it.The only problem was music she had uploaded into the other tablet.
I pulled the micro SD card from her other tablet, installed it in her new Kindle (once I found the trapdoor) and Voila! music. You just have to select offline music. I also loaded the Pandora app so she can listen through our WiFi.

Black Friday

Instant Pot DUO60 63.21 with tax
Fire 7 tablet 21.24 with tax

The tablet was 29.99 but I had a $10 credit for re-ordering one of my staple items from Alexa. I earned that $10.

"Alexa, put Toddy paper filter bags in my cart"
Alexa starts playing music.
After a few go-rounds, discovered that you can edit the item manually and still get the credit for trying.

Black Friday lasts all week at Lowes.

Our 19 year old kitchen appliances are in triage. Yesterday, an induction stovetop burner would not shutoff. Range vent filters fell out years ago, icemaker quit during Obama's first term. Some lawnmowers are quieter than our old dishwasher.

We just scored at Lowes a new French door fridge with door mount icemaker, double convection oven, stove hood (blue toothed to the stovetop for crying out loud), and a 44db dishwasher. $3600 plus tax. Lowes black Friday 30% off, Samsung buy four 10% off, 10% veterans discount. Free delivery. $20 take away. Best part - they all match.

Pinch me. :dance:

This is not quite the same as your issue, but I've been meaning to ask our post office about this. A friend in New Mexico found out their post office will let them use the Post Office address as their physical address to receive UPS and Fedex deliveries and they just list their PO Box as Unit #1234 or whatever their PO box number is.

Since you often don't know what shipper will be used, this solved it for them.

Maybe you do have to list it as a business address so they don't try to deliver outside of business hours...?

Just an idea.

It sounds like this wouldn't solve Hermit's problem, but yes, what you're talking about the USPS calls Street Addressing Service for PO Boxes. You have to fill out a form, and you can't even put "Unit", as you did, I believe because they are concerned about people misrepresenting the address as a residential address. It has to be just 123 Post Street, #1234. I've had to do this for some contracts because they won't accept a PO Box, but they also won't accept an address that is different from the CC billing address, and guess what we use exclusively for our billing address? I don't trust the curbside mailbox in front of our house with anything more sensitive than junk mail.

Just finished toy shopping for 2 grandchildren. Got the list, did the amazon routine, and voila...finished toy shopping for some hard to find items.

51rk35iUBkL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

DD and DSIL sent us Amazon wish lists and we selected a number of items from the lists... got our Christmas shopping done in about 1/2 hour and they are things that we know they want and will use. We decided to have them delivered here and we'll gift wrap them and bring them with us when we visit them for Christmas.

Treadmill lube with applicator tube.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BCZBXMK

The youtube commercial for the product cracked me up :popcorn:, plus I used the 20% discount code from there on Amazon.

Currently, what I used comes in a spray bottle with no applicator but that doesn't do much as I don't loosen the treadmill belt then re-tighten as I'm afraid I'll mess things up in the process. This applicator hopefully will solve that problem.

Last edited:
Five pounds of Turkish Antep pistachios.
Damn you eat well. Can I come over, just for a snack, I swear! :cool: Kidding.
Between the Wagyu Beef and now these Turkish Anteps... you are teaching a young buck some wise tricks.

Where do you get your oysters from? :flowers:

Treadmill lube with applicator tube.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BCZBXMK

The youtube commercial for the product cracked me up :popcorn:, plus I the used 20% discount code from there on Amazon.

Currently, what I used comes in a spray bottle with no applicator but that doesn't do much as I don't loosen the treadmill belt then re-tighten as I'm afraid I'll mess things up in the process. This with the applicator hopefully will solve that problem.

Lol, I just did ours...although admittedly I just sort of squeezed the bottle in on the area we run most and then tried to get it as far up and back from that hard wear area. I like this applicator, i am gonna order that for the next go.
Probably don't lube it enough with us both sometimes running 5mi a day on it. She's hanging in there though.

Lol, I just did ours...although admittedly I just sort of squeezed the bottle in on the area we run most and then tried to get it as far up and back from that hard wear area. I like this applicator, i am gonna order that for the next go.
Probably don't lube it enough with us both sometimes running 5mi a day on it. She's hanging in there though.

When comes to lubing the treadmill belt, I procrastinate because the process (at least now with just a spray pump) is very awkward and not the best (I only get the edges of the belt). Though after lubing yesterday, it did help some. I'm going to have to add some more when this arrives.

5 mi a day is impressive. I only try to walk about 25 minutes a day in winter and ride my bicycle about 5 miles a day in the summer.

True Temper 18 inch steel snow shovel, Snow Joe Shovelution 18-inch strain reducing snow shovel (the kind with an extra handle), a Toro 38361 7.5 amp power shovel for the deck & stairs, toner cartridges for the printer, gear lube for the Ariens snow blower, three sets of extra shear pins for same, and some low temperature grease for same.

Was talking with DW a week or so ago and we both agree that we're "due" to get hammered with snowfalls this winter because we got off so lightly the last two or three years. The law of averages has a way of catching up.

So if buying all this cold weather/snow removal gear wards off the evil snow demons for another year, then hey, it worked! If not, oh well, we're prepared.:(

Well, we've learned what Walt's side hustle is -- he's equipping himself to be the snow removal guy for the whole neighborhood. :LOL:

A refurbished Sony video8 VCR. We have a lot of old tapes and none of the old Sony handycams work, so I will be using this to help transfer all of them to digital. Screenshot_20181208-152131_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

My house has high ceilings and beautiful chandiliers in every room--even bathrooms. (Some need to go.) But it's the darkest house I've ever seen.

I ordered two dozen LED light bulbs 3x as bright as those in my chandiliers today. Just trying to see where I'm going. If they work out okay, I'll order another 3 dozen bulbs.

My house has high ceilings and beautiful chandiliers in every room--even bathrooms. (Some need to go.) But it's the darkest house I've ever seen.

I ordered two dozen LED light bulbs 3x as bright as those in my chandiliers today. Just trying to see where I'm going. If they work out okay, I'll order another 3 dozen bulbs.

I love the nice, bright LED light bulbs that I got from Amazon this past October. In fact, I love them so much that I have been turning on the lights and closing the blinds earlier in the (late) afternoon than previously. :) I am glad that I did not get them to save energy because I am probably not doing that. I got them because they are bright, and because they will last longer before they need to be changed.

We just received an XIT wireless Bluetooth folding keyboard. After numerous attempts, it will not work with either my smartphone or Kindle, The thing that gripes me is Amazon charges $7 to return it.

Two $50 Whole Foods gift cards for $15 from linking Citi credit card and using 12 reward points.

Easy $15

I tried to buy a VISA gift card but that would not give me the $15 discount. Oh well.

Flat panel TV bracket. $20 on Amazon. Went up in 20 minutes. Perfect. $60 at Costco and more elsewhere for 50 cents worth of steel with a few holes drilled in it.

Back
Top Bottom