What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

- grippy socks for MIL. (She's had a few falls walking around her house in regular socks - so perhaps the silicon bumps on the bottom will help.)

- skinny legged pants for my 13 year old. Much to his dismay I did not buy them in bright neon colors - but rather in colors that fit his magnet school dress code. (Has to have khaki/tan colored pants and maroon/white/gray collared shirts.) I'm to cheap to buy him clothes he can't wear to school or play sports in.

Mentioned this in the OTA DVR thread:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HW-150PVR-HomeWorx-Converter-Recording/dp/B00I2ZBD1U

Also, for a looong time, I've sorta, kinda wanted a tablet, but didn't really need one (DW has an iPad). I've been holding out to see if I can find a decent one with 1GB RAM, HDMI, USB, and SD-Card capability at ~ $100-$150. Occasionally saw some from real off-brand places with questionable reviews, so I've passed until now.

Found this Acer Iconia A1-810-L497 (AKA NT.L2RAA.002?) @ $123 (a few $ less at rakuten - formerly 'buy,com' compared to Amazon, but close enough for this thread?):

8" 16GB Android 4.2 Grey - Rakuten.com Shopping

Acer | Iconia A | Iconia A1-810-L497 | Overview

Acer's website is terrible. They have dozens of tablets with slight variations in the number scheme, with no clear (to me at least) pattern to numbers versus features. Their 'compare' didn't work for me, and their 'features' versus specs' are a jumble of what might be included on one versus another. Anyway, the reviews I found were pretty good, camera probably not great, and a little larger than more $$$ units (but you have to expect to give up something, right?).

And this has GPS as well. So if all this works well, that's quite a few extra features over an iPad for less than 1/2 the price. And I prefer the Android app store over Apple's policy of publishing only the latest version of an app (which can make older devices that can't be upgraded to the latest OS obsolete sooner than they would be if you had access to the older versions of the apps).

-ERD50

I am Bad,

3D Printer, parts for ANOTH drone (multi-rotor) that I am building, FPV Camera, Gobbs of print filament, the list goes on.

Two 18x24 cherry picture frames, package of artgum erasers (I make a lot of mistakes adding/dividing fractions and do it on the back of the mat) a yellow ink cartridge for the photo printer, steel two-foot ruler with cork backing, Logan oval and circle mat cutter, flexpoint refill package.

With enough practice with fractions I might get as good as I was in the sixth grade.

A pair of foam handlebars grips for a set of aluminum walking sticks I'm going to make.

Ordered a Papago 770 multi-sport GPS watch with heart rate monitor today. Wanted something that I could use to track the progress for running, hiking and cycling and it seems to have very good (but limited) reviews.

A handmade linen banjo strap - sort of plummy

I love etsy....

banjostrap.jpg

A Canadian-made zero gravity lawn chair for my husband. He's recuperating from a fall (with skin lacerations and subsequent infections), which brought us home 2 weeks early from a 5-week USA road trip.

After 4 different hospital visits, he needs a comfortable way to recuperate on the porch, and enjoy summer days.

(Then, when he fully mends, maybe we'll be able to get on the road again...?)

I'm hoping this will help his swollen foot.......and his spirits.

:blush:

The Fermented Black Garlic arrived, and WOW, I could eat it like candy! :)
It's soft like roasted garlic, the taste is hard to describe - not quite like roasted garlic and definitely not like raw garlic. I could definitely become addicted to this stuff. And, it's supposed to be good for you. :)

a grill for the pontoon boat and some meds from petmeds..

I remember the early days of online business. I was obsessed with saltwater aquariums and had to order all the equipment online... it was a catalog type small business, but you had to call in the order because online credit cards and payment processes didn't exist yet...spent a ton of money with them.

A motion detector nightlight for my bedroom. I had been putting off getting this because all my sockets were behind furniture. This morning I rearranged a couple of furniture items, so it seemed like a good time to order the nightlight.

Chili, I took a local class (3 day) that also doubled as my driving test. If these are available, they are a great intro. Motorcycle Safety Foundation is who I think sponsored my class. Your SO might like learning in a small group on a small bike. I've not ridden again, but needed the license for a rally we did in 2012.

Chili, I took a local class (3 day) that also doubled as my driving test. If these are available, they are a great intro. Motorcycle Safety Foundation is who I think sponsored my class. Your SO might like learning in a small group on a small bike. I've not ridden again, but needed the license for a rally we did in 2012.

Sarah, In Mass we also have the "MSF", two days of classes and riding and she got her license. She took and passed the class, but still likes to read and watch. I led her on her first "long ride yesterday (60 miles). She did great.

If you want to see some excellent handling of a big bike, search for Jerry Palladino on YouTube.

Last edited:
Interesting "naked" oil filter. All the cars I have owned including a VW 30 years ago use an oil filter with a casing.

Interesting "naked" oil filter. All the cars I have owned including a VW 30 years ago use an oil filter with a casing.

Most Euro car filters are drop in since the housing is at the top of the engine for ease of access. Most Euro shops pull oil from the crankcase with a vacuum pump rather than removing the drain plug. That's how I do my oil changes.

Less waste being naked. I remember some old equipment '30-'40s had naked filters. Hadn't seen new engines with one.

I had not heard of fermented garlic either. It's pricey too!

A replacement motor for my 30 year old bathroom vent. The replacement is a perfect fit and I only had to remove one screw. The replacement has a regular AC plug.

Also bought a Dell print cartridge to make up $35 for free shipping.

- a new sheet set for our bed
- 12lbs of my favorite Swiss Müesli cereal
- laundry detergent
- a big pack of dental floss

Back
Top Bottom