What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

- 30 lbs of grain free dog food
- cheapo reading glasses (3 pair for under $8)

24x30 picture frame, Crescent white mat board, ATG tape, antistatic cloth.

Attachments

• Picture frame.JPG
    Picture frame.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 8
I have never had this - Do you eat it because it is tasty? Do you use it in recipes? Do you eat it because it's good for you?

Enquring minds want to know...:flowers:

Tasty snack is my usage, would be good in a vinaigrette. Supposed to be good for you, as any real food is. :D (ingredient; Garlic)

You can cheaply make it yourself. (thrift store rice cooker) I might try as garlic is cheap, it is the time involved that makes it $$.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have never had this - Do you eat it because it is tasty? Do you use it in recipes? Do you eat it because it's good for you?

Enquring minds want to know...:flowers:
So far I've only eaten it straight from the jar as a snack. It's definitely tasty!

I found a page of recipes here:
Black GarlicÂ*|Â*Recipes

Even though it's called "fermented black garlic" it's not really fermented, like pickles or sauerkraut - it's roasted at a low 140F under controlled humidity for several weeks. I probably won't eat enough for any health benefits, but nice to know it's not bad for me: :)
The Health Benefits of Black Garlic | LIVESTRONG.COM
Black garlic extract delivers heart health without bad breath

I have seen hand-held weed burner wands that run off small portable canisters, but that flame-thrower attached to a 5-gallon tank, gah, with it you can also roast your vegetable right on the stalk or the vine in the garden. Singe the hair of possums, squirrels, mice, gophers, what have you... :hide:

100,000 BTU/hr! It's for pyromaniacs!

Last edited:
I have seen hand-held weed burner wands that run off small portable canisters, but that flame-thrower attached to a 5-gallon tank, gah, with it you can also roast your vegetable right on the stalk or the vine in the garden. Singe the hair of possums, squirrels, mice, gophers, what have you... :hide:

100,000 BTU/hr! It's for pyromaniacs!

Coooooool....>:D

I'll be careful, kids.

Run for your life, here she comes!

flamethrower3.jpg

The last thing I bought on amazon was an otoscope to take abroad.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Won't work on Bindweed or Bermuda grass! I'm afraid you need the dreaded Roundup for that.

I read a bit more about this torch, and am seriously considering getting it. The boonies home has a driveway and parking spaces that are covered with loose red cinder as that is de rigueur in the area. Weed of course is a problem. Spraying a few thousand square feet with chemicals is not something I like to do, and is costly too.

However, the use of this requires hauling around a BBQ propane tank, and I wonder if that quickly becomes cumbersome.

No Bermuda up there though. It's too cold for this grass.

Last edited:
Death to weeds....:mad:
No more expensive or toxic chemicals on my lawn.

Lawn:confused: How many weeds are you talking about? Won't you then have burn marks all over your lawn?
My neighbor uses one and has set his mulch on fire twice. Older gentleman and has used one for a long time and won't change. He also uses chemical weed killers on the whole lawn and "spot" weeds with the burner. His looks like a metal cane with a torch head on one end and small disposable tank on the other end. We try to keep an eye on him when he's got the "cane" out.

.....The boonies home has a driveway and parking spaces that are covered with loose red cinder as that is de rigueur in the area. Weed of course is a problem. Spraying a few thousand square feet with chemicals is not something I like to do, and is costly too.

However, the use of this requires hauling around a BBQ propane tank, and I wonder if that quickly becomes cumbersome.

I use to volunteer at a historical site and they use a unit like this for the red cinder/gravel walkways. Lots of walkways and it does take a good bit of time to burn the weeds. At least with a spray you spritz and you move on. With burning you have to concentrate and hold on the weed. It's not bad using the hand truck to haul the 20 Lb. propane tank. We were not allowed near any of the buildings with the unit and weeded those walks by hand.

I read a bit more about this torch, and am seriously considering getting it. The boonies home has a driveway and parking spaces that are covered with loose red cinder as that is de rigueur in the area. Weed of course is a problem. Spraying a few thousand square feet with chemicals is not something I like to do, and is costly too.

No Bermuda up there though. It's too cold for this grass.

I don't know what the maintenance crew uses at our az condo - it kills the weeds, but leaves the landscaping rock a pale green for a while. I like the torch idea.

You think it will take out burrowing moles? (nothing else will - that's legal, I mean):D

Ever tried mole traps? I had great success with them. I had a small book 'the mole dr.' or some title like that. It gave great instructions on how to identify runs, and the proper way to set traps. Gave the book away after I had removed about 6 of the ugly things.

I just bought a Touro 1TB hard drive for $52.97, tax included. It's the size of the old iPhone, and plugs to a USB port. Although I still had 2 or 3 TBs of available storage, this small drive was so attractive, and the price was so cheap, I could not refuse.

Sorry, Amazonites, but this was at the local Fry's electronics store. Amazon wants $85 for it.

71vnoALeAwL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Ever tried mole traps? I had great success with them. I had a small book 'the mole dr.' or some title like that. It gave great instructions on how to identify runs, and the proper way to set traps. Gave the book away after I had removed about 6 of the ugly things.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it.;)

Two 18x24 cherry picture frames, package of artgum erasers (I make a lot of mistakes adding/dividing fractions and do it on the back of the mat) a yellow ink cartridge for the photo printer, steel two-foot ruler with cork backing, Logan oval and circle mat cutter, flexpoint refill package.

With enough practice with fractions I might get as good as I was in the sixth grade.

I am a substitute teacher for Middle Grades Math. I wish the sixth (and 7th and 8th) graders I interact with were semi-competent in ANY operation involving fractions!

Back
Top Bottom