What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Amazon - cheap earmuffs cause winter is here and I still like to wear my Stetson.

And Savoie's Dark Roux - cause they do it way better than me who 'ain't' a patient cook.

heh heh heh - :dance:

Wow, I didn't know you could buy roux. I can manage a light and medium-light, maybe even medium, but dark takes some skill. It's a real shame to almost have it, and then burn it and have to start over.

-ERD50

So far in the past month.....three orders with Amazon, two orders with Costco online, and an order with Indigo on line.

Much easier to shop on line. We have been able to get exactly what we want at the right price. Why trudge around the shops and wait in line to be served or to pay? In our case, the gifts have been delivered directly to the gift recipient. No need to wrap and post them.

I do not like shopping centres at the best of times. Completely avoid them in December. Parking lots are a zoo. Why bother? Expect to finish our shopping this week..... on the web.

I took the bait.

Just bought an Amazon Fire TV cyber Monday deal for $69 which is $30 off the regular price.

I was contemplating getting a refurbished one for $79.

Good things come to those who wait. :D

Quite happy with the Amazon Fire TV device I got on Cyber Monday. I'm impressed with the voice search on titles and actors. It's a hoot to just say the name to the remote and have the search bring up selections.

The selection of included movies with Amazon Prime isn't the best though. I did a search on "Contact" (with Jodie Foster) but that's available for rent/buy only so I settled on 'Sharknado" instead :LOL:

Ordered most of my Christmas gifts online yesterday, which included a $100 REI Gift Card (DD needs new rock climbing equipment), $100 Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Gift Card for the parents of our new GD (includes free babysitting too , of course ;)), and from Amazon, a princess popup tent and a Frozen-themed slumber bag for our princess-crazy 4 year old step-GD. Can't wait to see her face when she comes down and sees it all assembled and ready for make believe play.

Attachments

• tent.jpg
    tent.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 8
I've been considering a Windows tablet to supplement my old Playbook, for the last few months. When I saw that the HP Stream 8 includes (200 MB/month of) free 4G for the lifetime of the device I just had to have one. I was in gotta-have-it-now mode though, so I cancelled my order and went round to the local Microsoft store and picked it up. Configuring and learning as we speak! :)

Just got a Nest thermostat. I got tired of not being able to read the numbers on the old one. Now I can just use my iPhone to set it! So far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

easysurfer:

I might have missed it, but did you ever decide on a call blocker?

easysurfer:

I might have missed it, but did you ever decide on a call blocker?

Redduck,

I ended up getting the Sentry Call Blocker 1.0.

Amazon.com: SENTRY Dual Mode Call Blocker. Block 100% Robo Calls. Stop All Junk Calls, Election Calls, Survey Calls. 9999 Number Capacity: Electronics

Overall, I'm quite happy with it. But the final decision took longer than anticipated as shortly after getting that, the manufacturer came out with a newer version (one that allows to add numbers directly from the device) so I got the newer model, but that has reliability issues and got taken off the market for further testing. So I ended up going back to the 1.0 version.

The blocker has been working like a charm for me so far.

p.s. I did manage to spoof (using free trial spoof sites) my own phone to add numbers to the call blocker sooner than having to wait for folks to call me.

I just ordered one this morning. Thanks for the info and the link.

You're welcome. Looking forward to see how you like the call blocker once you have it set up.

Got myself a soldering station recently but the stand that came with is nothing to write home about. So hopefully, this stand will do the trick. It is made mostly with metal, an oddity in today's world :).

Attachments

• solder stand.jpg
    solder stand.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 6
In January, I often buy myself some belated holiday presents now that I can afford to do so.

Yesterday's delivery was these battery operated motion sensing nightlights. I'll use them in my hallway (where there are no electrical outlets), so that I don't fall or stumble on my way back to the bedroom at bedtime. They are not as bright as the plug-in nightlight in my bedroom, but they are good enough to keep me from harm.

Today's delivery is going to be this wastebasket. I love the fact that it is designed to use old grocery bags as liners.

Tomorrow's delivery will be this USB charger, that I plan to use for charging my iPhone, iPad, Kindle, and some other devices.

I admit it - - I must be a Luddite at heart. After years of using a wireless mouse, I miss my old wired mouse. I especially miss it when the wireless one gets dropped and rolls under the furniture, or when I have to go search for fresh batteries for it. So, for just $6.99 I ordered this one and I love it:

In January, I often buy myself some belated holiday presents now that I can afford to do so.

Yesterday's delivery was these battery operated motion sensing nightlights. I'll use them in my hallway (where there are no electrical outlets), so that I don't fall or stumble on my way back to the bedroom at bedtime. They are not as bright as the plug-in nightlight in my bedroom, but they are good enough to keep me from harm.

Today's delivery is going to be this wastebasket. I love the fact that it is designed to use old grocery bags as liners.

Tomorrow's delivery will be this USB charger, that I plan to use for charging my iPhone, iPad, Kindle, and some other devices.

I admit it - - I must be a Luddite at heart. After years of using a wireless mouse, I miss my old wired mouse. I especially miss it when the wireless one gets dropped and rolls under the furniture, or when I have to go search for fresh batteries for it. So, for just $6.99 I ordered this one and I love it:

W2R, how can you be a Luddite if you have a 5-slot USB charger!? 😉

Reactions: W2R
Ordered a Hario slim burr grinder which arrived today. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning

31EIo77hOmL.jpg

A new battery for my laptop (that plus the new SSD I just installed means I practically have a new laptop for only $100), a 63 liter backpacking pack, and dog shampoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Ordered a Hario slim burr grinder which arrived today. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning

Oh, sure, you'll be fine with that. For a few weeks. And then it's big brother for a few more weeks.
8124%2B2WohlL._SY355_.jpg

But then you'll be craving this bad boy...
41YtjOLajzL._SY355_.jpg

I know. I've been there... :D

Well I certainly hope the hario is so good I want to upgrade. Currently using a blade grinder with my french press which I understand is a big faux pas.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Electric shaver. Normally do a yrly blade replacement but price of a new, on sale electric razor was almost the same as replacement blade for three year old razor. No brainer.

New cold weather cycling pants and jacket. Have more time to bike and don't want to wait till mid Spring.

71efvIR14LL._SL1500_.jpg

I did not get this on Amazon, but such a great deal I had to tell someone. Bed Bath and Beyond. It was the display model and they said they were going to carry it in catalog but not in the store. I ask if they would sell the display and how much. No book, no box, but a $149 oven for $75! It pays to ask.

Back
Top Bottom