What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Since I can't find dried figs anywhere around here, I've been ordering them from Amazon for a couple if years. I just placed an order for three more bags, a total of 7.5#. They're one of my favorite snacks!

Since I can't find dried figs anywhere around here, I've been ordering them from Amazon for a couple if years. I just placed an order for three more bags, a total of 7.5#. They're one of my favorite snacks!

Which brand exactly?

Had to replace our printer finally. The old one was almost 9 years old, not bad for an ink jet printer. We will give this one a shot and see how it works out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DHJ8QLQ

We bought the JW-470, which is the "brother" (sorry for pun). We're happy with it. We use the cheap ink ($11 for 10 cartridges), but they changed the printer, so you can't use the cheap ink if the printer was made after Aug 2014, because they changed the firmware or something.

The dang rodents keep getting into our crawl space under the house. So I regularly set traps. A problem in semi-rural areas. The traps have to be re-baited and I dump the little bodies -- recycled to outdoor sacrificial rocks for the vultures.

I need a light in a tight dark space so this little thing attaches to a hat brim:

15xjod3.jpg

My travel trailer is 10 years old and I think it has the original tires on it. I've been watching them for a few years and finally noticing some cracking/dry rot. Don't want to risk taking it out this year without putting some new tires on it. I checked around and I couldn't beat Amazon for new tires! My son can get them mounted for free so I ordered four new tires and they will be on my doorstep in a few days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJBWV2I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

My travel trailer is 10 years old and I think it has the original tires on it. I've been watching them for a few years and finally noticing some cracking/dry rot. Don't want to risk taking it out this year without putting some new tires on it. I checked around and I couldn't beat Amazon for new tires! My son can get them mounted for free so I ordered four new tires and they will be on my doorstep in a few days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJBWV2I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Good move. RV tires rot from the inside out and sitting around seems to make them deteriorate even faster. Carlisles have a relatively good name in the trailer tire business as opposed to the flood of no brand Chinese tires that have shown up.

Good move. RV tires rot from the inside out and sitting around seems to make them deteriorate even faster.

+1

Steve it is remarkable you didn't have a blowout. Ten years is a very long time in the life of a trailer tire. I start thinking about replacements 6 years from the mfg date of the tire - which can be a year or more before the trailer's mfg date.

The Upside of Irrationality by Dan Ariely, author of Predictably Irrational and Eat to Lose, Eat to Win by Rachel Beller.

There's an upside to irrationality? Having read his other book I bought it. I'm always curious about why so many people are so weird.

For the first time in my life I'm having a hard time controlling my weight. When I asked the doc about it earlier this week he said it was because the metabolism slows with age. Sigh. The book was recommended by a nurse I know.

+1

Steve it is remarkable you didn't have a blowout. Ten years is a very long time in the life of a trailer tire. I start thinking about replacements 6 years from the mfg date of the tire - which can be a year or more before the trailer's mfg date.

I keep a close eye on my tires. Typically they have lasted me 6-7 years. They always rot before they wear out! Ive never had a flat yet and I hope I never do.

I'm going to take a closer look and find the date code on the tires to see what it says. We bought this trailer 5-6 years ago and the previous owner may have put tires on it even though it would have only been 3-4 years old.

Edit: Just checked the date code and they are all 2004 tires. Only one of them looks questionable but glad I am going to put new ones on!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Last edited:
I got me a combination cat toy and fry oil thermometer. Price seems to have doubled since last week. Whacky Amazon...
One can track Amazon prices using CamelCamel and even get an email alert when the price dips again.

These things are handy. I used mine to find cold air leaks around my house. I also use it to check the wheel bearing temperature on my travel trailer.

No cat.

Protective case for my new iPhone 6.... not an Otter box or anything like that but something to buffer the corners some if dropped and to make it "grippier".

A second 12-cup mini-muffin pan (I have one 12-cup already but to use up a whole recipe usually takes 24 and I got tired of baking 2 batches. Two different belt-substitutes to hold up pants that are a little too large in the back but fit otherwise. Someone told me about Invisibelt but the reviews were mixed, so I ordered a Beltaway and a Hip Hugger to try out.

Had planned to order replacement Philips CFL dusk-to-dawn light bulbs for the front porch lights, but Amazon was out of stock. Had to order them from Home Depot for in-store pickup.

Dell Off-Lease, Refurbished Dell 755 Desktop PC with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Professional, 64bit.
$129 free shipping...
This time from Walmart, as price check at Amazon for the same desktop was $159.
( I like the idea of being able to return any problem items to the store, without going to the Post Office...)

Ordered Tue night, received Friday AM. Specs were for a 750Gigabyte HD, but received the bigger drive.
Had to replace my 2004 HP Vista machine. It just stopped, with no reason or excuse. Salvaged the 2G memory to upgrade my other 2G refurb. So now...
from Amazon and WM.... so far:
3-4G refurbs desktops- $350
2- new 10.1" android tablets $190
1-7" tablet $49
2-19", 1 23" monitors $138
1- hub $4,
1- Wireless G router $4

Total... $610 over the last 1 1/2 yrs.

DW thinks I'm a wild spender... :(
DS reminded me of when we spent $500 for 128Meg of RAM for our Apple 2E, back in 1985.

Last edited:
DS reminded me of when we spent $500 for 128Meg of RAM for our Apple 2E, back in 1985.

That doesn't sound right. You sure it wasn't 128K? I don't remember Megs of RAM being available that far back. Of course, my own RAM isn't all that dependable these days.

Edit: Just found this. It might help. Seems more in line with what I remember ($880/MB). Mostly I remember the Reagan embargo on Japanese electronics, which drove the price or RAM through the roof.

Last edited:
Just ordered a GSM SIM for H20 wireless for a penny. They are cheaper there than on ebay. I need this to have some kind of cell service for my mother who is going into a nursing home. Will ad this to a wireless terminal base and plug her old legacy phone into it.

That's been around for 30+ years. All the burglars know about it. Besides, LBYM and put the key in a zip-lock and hide that under a real rock.
I'm hoping that you are kidding.

I use a hidden key all the time when I go out for runs. Not just for an occasional emergency. I'm planning on putting this little fake rock next to real ones.

I'm hoping that you are kidding.

Well, the fake rock has been around for as long as I can remember. I'm 65. Since most burglars are younger people, maybe they don't know about the old-school stuff.

Back
Top Bottom