What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Wish I had the scarf and convertible in this photo, from many years ago! :LOL: I'm the one in the yellow scarf. Actually the scarf was borrowed from my aunt, for the photo in her convertible Jeepster. I didn't have any sunglasses back then, but I do now. :D

Nice photo, W2R!

Reactions: W2R
And for one of the kiddos who camps...

LifeStraw Go Water Bottle with Integrated 1000-Liter LifeStraw Filter
41RYOIA2zZL._SY90_.jpg

I love that photo, W2R! You look very cool and chic!

Thanks! I think I was actually only about 13 and probably very boring to talk to because I hadn't experienced much of life yet. :D But yeah, I like the look too. :)

I'm having an interesting issue with Amazon right now. I have a small business and purchase a ton of stuff from Amazon (and other places), which I then resell to my customers. I ordered a dozen of these

Amazon.com: WeMo Switch, Wi-Fi Enabled, Control your Electronics from anywhere, Compatible with Amazon Echo: MP3 Players & Accessories

per my customer's request. Amazon cancelled my order, stating that I had exceeded the limit available to order at the low prime price by using another account. I do have another account, but I don't use it and I didn't this time. They refuse to tell me the other account that they have somehow decided is mine, and just keep repeating that I broke the rules. It's turned into a "no I didn't" "yes you did" thing now. They absolutely refuse to tell me what this other account that is supposed to be mine is. Very weird. I would like to find out just to make sure nobody is using my name to make purchases, but they won't tell me. I don't think there's any way this can turn into identity theft or anything, but it sure would be nice to find out what they're talking about.

Thanks. Haven't received the suitcase yet, just ordered one. Now I worry from reading that thieves target the nicer suitcases expecting something nice inside. I'm sure there is some truth to that. My biggest concern is not that much a walk off thief (though I'm sure that happens) but more a baggage handler thief while loading onto the plane.

Update... received the suitcase today. Haven't had the chance to explore all the features, but the material is nice and looks durable (knock on wood). I got the dark blue color and the color is dark blue. More like navy blue than the brighter blue color. I kinda like brighter but then, to not stand out too much at luggage pick up might be a good thing.

Got a portable luggage scale. Better safe than sorry and don't want any surprises at suitcase weigh in time.

Attachments

• luggage scale.jpg
    luggage scale.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 11
Got a portable luggage scale. Better safe than sorry and don't want any surprises at suitcase weigh in time.

That's really cool. I use my standard scale, measure my weight, then pick up the suitcase and take the difference. I have to admit your device is easier!

BTW, love my scale. It is a classic "Detecto" brand weight scale. There is no substitute. Springs won't do. Guess what? Scale was ordered from Amazon, but was sourced directly from Detecto.

Last edited:
We have one too. It sure solves a lot of problems.
The last thing I ordered was a total indulgence: 3 pounds of pine nuts. I will give DW a pound for cooking:)

That's really cool. I use my standard scale, measure my weight, then pick up the suitcase and take the difference. I have to admit your device is easier!

BTW, love my scale. It is a classic "Detecto" brand weight scale. There is no substitute. Springs won't do. Guess what? Scale was ordered from Amazon, but was sourced directly from Detecto.

I have a package scale that which I bought from Office Depot years ago. The scale goes up to 100 lbs and at first weigh in, the suitcase I'm packing came in at about 47 lbs. That's when I starting looking and saw the one at Amazon and just had to order (should arrive on Monday).

I saw a Youtube video saying that the scales at the airports aren't calibrated often. So if they are off and airlines want to charge you, then you own scale can help plead your case.

Plus, I want to be be sure my luggage is lightweight enough both flying out and back home.

These are really handy for getting things from high shelves, or that sock that is way in the back of the dryer, or whatever.

Not an order, a return. We ordered a product ($105) with a guaranteed delivery, but it never showed. I complained, they sent another.
Ten days later, the original package shows up. I wait a couple of days, nothing from Amazon, so I sent them an email letting them know and asking for a return label so I could send it back. They seemed surprised, but did send the prepaid label.

These are really handy for getting things from high shelves, or that sock that is way in the back of the dryer, or whatever.

Those things are great. Also great for getting the toy mice which cats push under a dresser :).

Bought 2 Rolo-Matic mop heads.:)
We couldn't find them locally and didn't want to throw the mop away.

Not an order, a return. We ordered a product ($105) with a guaranteed delivery, but it never showed. I complained, they sent another.
Ten days later, the original package shows up. I wait a couple of days, nothing from Amazon, so I sent them an email letting them know and asking for a return label so I could send it back. They seemed surprised, but did send the prepaid label.

Kudos for your honesty! Many would not have done the same!

Ronstar, I wanted an Arduino kit but I wouldn't know what to build with it. On the other hand, just got some running trail shoes from Amazon and waiting for wireless speakers for my g-daughter.

Last edited:
Those things are great. Also great for getting the toy mice which cats push under a dresser :).

No cats here, but every time I drop something it goes under the furniture or between the refrigerator and counter or someplace like that. Now I have an easier way to retrieve these items.

Last night F was over here doing his laundry, since his washer recently broke and since he lives next door to me. We watched a movie on Netflix. Anyway he was absolutely intrigued by this thing, which was in my laundry room. He thought it was the neatest device ever, so I ordered another one for him using my rewards points.

Last edited:
Was going to order a walker from amazon for my 93 year old mother. Comparing total cost (shipping and walker), ended up ordering the same walker from a private vender for $19.00 less. Package arrived today, one day ahead of promised delivery date. Packing slip said one ordered, one shipped. VISA shows charged for one. Three walkers arrived.......hmm what to do, what to do. If company agrees to sending postage paid for return shipping I will send back, otherwise my gain!

Back
Top Bottom