What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I ordered today:

stump killer
chain saw chain replacement
underwear.

Cause that's how I roll.

And it's true... I swear. We were doing yard work this morning when DH realized he didn't have anymore stump killer. He started to chop down the tree and realized the chain was dull and couldn't be sharpened again. And... while I was on amazon, I got myself some brand new panties. 100% cotton Hanes.

I live large, I tell ya.

Original Danish Dough Whisk

SAF Instant Yeast

Fancy Feast cat food

Best guess is, you will die fat and happy within two weeks.
Thus, no more need to sweat the "should my withdrawal rate be 3.721% or 3.722%?" With the help of the amazing 5lb candy bar diet, anyone can safely use an annualized withdrawal rate of 2500%--for two weeks.

Last edited:
Three Merle VW diesel oil filters,
One diesel fuel filter,
Three 5 liter jugs of Motul 5W 30 engine oil (VW spec 507.00)
One box of Mini Greenies dog treats.

All ordered Prime.

And I've always wanted one of these - a five pound Hershey's chocolate bar. DW is gonna yell at me over that one.

On impulse, a one pound Snickers bar.

Everything arrived today. The 5 lb chocolate bar comes in a carefully packed box so it won't be broken, or at least this one isn't. When I opened the box... Oh. My. Gosh. It will take a year for both of us to get even halfway through this thing. If the dimensions are posted I missed it. This monster is 18" long, 9" wide, and a good 3/4" thick. Wow, talk about biting off more than you can chew!:LOL: But I'll give it a good try.

Attachments

• Chocolate_bar2.jpg
    Chocolate_bar2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: W2R
I just ordered the Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera. We're trying to replace our crappy security system in FL with a web cam or two, and also a wifi based thermostat. We're not really worried about the security aspect, as our house would be fairly difficult to break into and stealing all of our good stuff would barely get us above the deductible. We just want to be able to look around every now and then. I prefer this one to the Nest because I don't want to have to pay for cloud storage since I'm already going to have to pay to keep internet access active. I'm going to set up an ftp server and upload to that.

For the thermostat I'm just looking for something that I can access and control remotely. I don't really care about the learning aspect, or remote sensors, or anything like that. I just want one that will reconnect automatically if power or wifi drops and comes back up, and that I can access from my PC. Phone would be nice, but not necessary. We just want to make sure it's maintaining the temperature while we're away for 6 months. And isn't too expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Right now I'm looking at the Honeywell RTH6580WF Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat as an inexpensive but functional starting point.

Ordered a 10 pack of solid 3" doorstops. But not to use as doorstops. I needed risers for a couple of PC monitors on my desk, and saw a video on you tube on how to make one from doorstops and a shelf (or unfinished wood if one is not fussy). Amazon had the best price. 6 doorstops, an $8 48" shelf from Home depot, and 5-10 minutes of labor, and I have a riser for two monitors with space under to slide the keyboard and storage if needed.

A new video game. I played the demo and absolutely loved it, but it got terrible reviews so I was conflicted about buying it for the list price of $40. However, recently it has been on sale and I snagged it for $20 yesterday (the price has gone back up a little since then). So, we'll see.

My Almost Amazon Purchase

I buy a lot from Amazon, but recently almost got taken to the cleaners.

DW likes San Fancisco Bay K-cup coffee (Hazelnut Creme). We have been buying the 80 count box for roughly $42 dilivered free (Prime). Lateley it was $47+.....:mad:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WWNKY8Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

So I did some internet searching and ended up at the coffee maker's site (Rogers Family Gourmet Coffee) and found the same box of 80 for $31.99.

Rogers Family Gourmet Coffee and Tea

So I ordered 2 80 count boxes with free shipping and a 15% off coupon from Rogers for a grand total of $54.38 to our door.

Instead of paying $95.54 at Amazon for 160 K cups, we paid $54.38 for a savings of $41.16!!

Moral of the story: Be wary of Amazon pricing.;)

Forgot to add this: The last thing we ordered from Amazon was San Francisco Bay K cups - 80 Count - French Roast @ $33.87. (probably the last time to do this)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TGDXNO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

SF bay.jpg

Last edited:
[...]Moral of the story: Be wary of Amazon pricing.[...]

Or pricing anywhere! I got my video game at half price on Amazon.

I really can't imagine the mentality of buying something from anywhere at all, without even looking at the price and deciding if the item and convenience (or lack of convenience) is worth it to me..

Last edited:
Cat water fountain... My kitties need fresh water when I'm away.

note: picture is not my cat, but a stock photo of the fountain with a feline :D.

I got this cat fountain but unfortunately, I'm returning as my cats for the most part just ignored and did not drink out of it. That's too bad as the fountain is quite adorable.

Unless, I can find a filtered water bowl/fountain that they actually will use, looks like back to water bowls or non-electric water feeders.

Or pricing anywhere! I got my video game at half price on Amazon.

I really can't imagine the mentality of buying something from anywhere at all, without even looking at the price and deciding if the item and convenience (or lack of convenience) is worth it to me..

We are spending our entire winter up North this year as a close relative is recovering slowly from major surgery. We have been sorting thru 40 plus years of family photos. I pulled out all the kids school 8 by 10 and such and ordered a picture portfolio from Amazon..after it showed up it was so nice I wanted another one, but the price had more then doubled! :facepalm: I didn't order it and am price checking everyday.. it's less then 10 bucks more..but it's the principle of the thing!

Are you familiar with camelcamelcamel.com?
It's a free Amazon price tracker.

I have used it for a few things but I just click on my order link and price-check that way..There are several different version of this album under the same manufacturer and I want an exact duplicate

I have used it for a few things but I just click on my order link and price-check that way..There are several different version of this album under the same manufacturer and I want an exact duplicate

Another easy way to monitor prices is to place the items in your shopping cart as "save for later". When you go to your cart, any price changes since the last visit are shown at the top of the page. This is how I monitor regularly purchased items (dog food/treats, printer cartridges, etc) as well as things that I want to buy at some point (but no rush).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom