What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Ordered the instant pot Monday and it was supposed to arrive today, but now I see it won't till maybe tomorrow. Got it at the $69 price.

Ordered an infant car seat for a baby gift and Amazon tantalized me with 2 day shipping to arrive Saturday Dec. 3rd. Then I clicked order and it was magically transformed to delivery by Dec. 6th. I seriously consider Prime a racket as I almost never receive 2 day shipping. The $99 Prime fee gets me not very much!

I asked my niece to set up a Christmas wish list on Amazon for her 3 kids, so I ordered clothing and toys from that list.

Two sets of tire chains for the truck in case we have snow on the way to AZ in a few weeks. We drive the pickup and tow the Wrangler. Three months of trail riding the hills and mountains around Lake Havasu City.

Two sets of tire chains for the truck in case we have snow on the way to AZ in a few weeks. We drive the pickup and tow the Wrangler. Three months of trail riding the hills and mountains around Lake Havasu City.

That sounds like fun! What do you stay in while you are there? I have a stock 2013 Rubicon Unlimited. Would it do for the trails around there?

After a few weeks of use I can report that I have had no issues with this printer (Dell E525W All-in-one color laser printer). The copy function works well and the printing is very clear and sharp. It even does a fair job with photos for a laser printer. No jamming so far. I haven't tried the fax yet, I only need that two or three times a year. We are still on the original toner cartridges and probably will be until next summer or fall. I bought aftermarket toner cartridges since the Dell ones are priced outrageously high and will let you know if there are any issues with those.

Oh, the default set up is to answer the phone line as a fax so I had to look in the manual to find out how to turn that off. But that's a one-time minor pita.

So far I'm liking this printer.

Have you scanned any photos with this printer. I shopped a little on Black Friday and just gave up as every printer seemed to have an almost 50/50 bad to good review ratio. I was hard to believe people were even talking about the same printer.

Bummer. The Instant Pot arrived today but is dead out of the box. Return label is printed & everything packed up to go to the UPS store tomorrow on the way to the gym. I did ask that they send a replacement and that is supposed to arrive Sunday. I never had an Amazon delivery on a Sunday before. I guess they're ramped up for the Christmas season and don't want stuff to pile up.

Bummer. The Instant Pot arrived today but is dead out of the box. Return label is printed & everything packed up to go to the UPS store tomorrow on the way to the gym. I did ask that they send a replacement and that is supposed to arrive Sunday. I never had an Amazon delivery on a Sunday before. I guess they're ramped up for the Christmas season and don't want stuff to pile up.
Usually my Amazon Sunday deliveries are via USPS. At first I hated that, but my local USPS has actually been improving in their deliveries and I don't mind it any more. So, it could be that UPS is ramping up, but then again it could be that the new Instant Pot is coming by USPS.

Another Amazon rant - I ordered some woodworking clamps on 11/19. I thought it was odd that the delivery date listed was 12/21. A couple of days ago, it was still listed to be delivered 12/21. A month and 2 days after order. Must not have been eligible for prime. I couldn't wait. I went to the store and bought some more.

Another Amazon rant - I ordered some woodworking clamps on 11/19. I thought it was odd that the delivery date listed was 12/21. A couple of days ago, it was still listed to be delivered 12/21. A month and 2 days after order. Must not have been eligible for prime. I couldn't wait. I went to the store and bought some more.

Ronstar, Wonder if the vendor was one of the one's selling counterfeit goods that Amazon is supposed to be cracking down on. I had ordered water filters in Sept or Oct and just recently sent the vendor an email asking when they would ship. I got an email from Amazon saying that vendor was no longer with Amazon. Don't know if my filters were from a counterfeiter but seems strange that Amazon gave no explanation.

I have noticed when Amazon does not have an item in stock they sometimes still list it for sale and will give a delivery date of 2 weeks to 2 months later when they feel they will be available even when it is Prime eligible. I have never gone ahead and ordered when it is out that far.

Ronstar, Wonder if the vendor was one of the one's selling counterfeit goods that Amazon is supposed to be cracking down on. I had ordered water filters in Sept or Oct and just recently sent the vendor an email asking when they would ship. I got an email from Amazon saying that vendor was no longer with Amazon. Don't know if my filters were from a counterfeiter but seems strange that Amazon gave no explanation.

I have noticed when Amazon does not have an item in stock they sometimes still list it for sale and will give a delivery date of 2 weeks to 2 months later when they feel they will be available even when it is Prime eligible. I have never gone ahead and ordered when it is out that far.

splitwdw - Don't think the goods are counterfeit. Chinese seller get 96% good reviews.

Dave - that is probably what happened in my case. But I ordered it anyway. Just checked order status again and it says it was delivered Monday 11/28. It wasn't delivered here. What a cluster.

Bought for a white elephant exchange.

IMG_1480737643.837362.jpg

At least y'all aren't ordering Pixel XL phones from VZ Wireless. I ordered a couple on 10/27 with a ship date of 12/2. I just got an email saying they "might" be available by 1/13. I'll probably end up cancelling the order.

I got a new Logitech wireless mouse today. The new one is a smaller version of the old one. Every time I posted on the forum I would get a notice that I had just posted the same thing a second time. The mouse was sending two clicks instead of one. Lousy electrical stuff... I only bought the old one 6 or 7 years ago. I paid $5 for it too!

I contacted the seller asking where my package was. They said to contact my neighbors, look in my mailbox again, and contact USPS. I did, and USPS tells me that they delivered my package to a house about a mile away. Now the mail lady has to ask the people for my package, that she delivered it to the wrong house. This could get ugly.

I contacted the seller asking where my package was. They said to contact my neighbors, look in my mailbox again, and contact USPS. I did, and USPS tells me that they delivered my package to a house about a mile away. Now the mail lady has to ask the people for my package, that she delivered it to the wrong house. This could get ugly.

That happened to me a few months ago. No result until I got the postal inspectors involved, then quick action. The mail carrier rang the doorbell one day and handed me the package, along with profuse apologies. He said it happened on his day off, so he blamed the substitute, but who knows?

I have Amazon trained. :dance: They never use USPS because USPS refuses to deliver to my address. This works very well for me. :)

That happened to me a few months ago. No result until I got the postal inspectors involved, then quick action. The mail carrier rang the doorbell one day and handed me the package, along with profuse apologies. He said it happened on his day off, so he blamed the substitute, but who knows?

True - who knows what goes on there. I get the felling I'm going to have good results too. The USPS guy I talked to on the phone seemed like he was going to make a mission out of getting my package.

I have Amazon trained. :dance: They never use USPS because USPS refuses to deliver to my address. This works very well for me. :)

I wish they wouldn't deliver here either, mail lady leaves my mailbox door open almost daily. Luckily I don't get too many Amazon packages delivered by USPS - only small stuff.

I ordered a Sous Vide immersion cooker for my wife for Xmas. We are active on the Discuss Cooking site and she wants to try one.

9k=

Yep. Winter is here. Just ordered a portable heater. The bad news..won't for a few days, despite having Amazon Prime. The good news, gonna get down to single digits in about a week so I can give this a good test.

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    heater.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom