What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

i just got some new yaktrax pros

$1650 ytd?

Last edited:
Just saw a WSJ piece that said 17% of US "primary household shoppers" have never ordered from Amazon. And a sizable fraction of them simply refuse to, for a variety of reasons.

Me? Nearly $6K in 2016.

I thought I was done with my 2016 spending. Oh well.

Four 9 volt batteries since I annually replace the batteries for my keypad entry deadbolts

Turbotax Deluxe (which has gone down from ~$49 to $39.86)

Last edited:
Thirty-two 2700mAh rechargeable AA batteries for the four Nikon SB-900 Speedlights that I use at family gatherings. Each takes four AA cells and of course I want a set of spares in case I take a lot of photos. The set of various makes that I accumulated is now about 4 years old and are showing signs of old age.

And for the first time, one-day delivery! I ordered them yesterday and they were on the front porch when we got home from the gym today. Considering that I'm not exactly in a major metropolitan area, that's impressive.

I thought I was done with my 2016 spending. Oh well.

Four 9 volt batteries since I annually replace the batteries for my keypad entry deadbolts

Turbotax Deluxe (which has gone down from ~$49 to $39.86)

Both were due today, in two separate shipments, both to be delivered by USPS.

Turbotax was delivered by USPS at 1:32 PM.
The batteries had a failed delivery at 1:51 PM. I got a notice giving the reason that "Delivery attempted - - Business closed". Same address for both packages and I was home at the time. :ROFLMAO:

Still waiting for the chains I bought for the snowblower.

Maybe buying chains for our 4x4's next.

Both were due today, in two separate shipments, both to be delivered by USPS.

Turbotax was delivered by USPS at 1:32 PM.
The batteries had a failed delivery at 1:51 PM. I got a notice giving the reason that "Delivery attempted - - Business closed". Same address for both packages and I was home at the time. :ROFLMAO:

I live in a condo building, and this happens all the time. I think delivery services are lazy and will do everything to cut costs. They often don't even come to the building. Then I get an email telling me to go to the depot to pick up the item. When it's something big and heavy, that's a real PITA.

"Delivery attempted - - Business closed". Same address for both packages and I was home at the time. :ROFLMAO:

Well, sure you were home, but you weren't open for business, were you?
Come on, admit it! :cool:

Agreed, the excuses for missed delivery are often pretty ludicrous.

Motorola Moto E smartphone $19.99 w tracfone . My sons Samsung Galaxy S2 finally conked out.

I live in a condo building, and this happens all the time. I think delivery services are lazy and will do everything to cut costs. They often don't even come to the building. Then I get an email telling me to go to the depot to pick up the item. When it's something big and heavy, that's a real PITA.
Well, sure you were home, but you weren't open for business, were you?
Come on, admit it! :cool:

Agreed, the excuses for missed delivery are often pretty ludicrous.
:ROFLMAO: You two are making me feel so much better! I haven't had a failed delivery before since I moved out of my apartment into a house back in 2002.

We were having a very severe thunderstorm at that time, booming thunder, torrential rainfall, black as night, and super strong wind gusts, so maybe the USPS person accidently delivered only the TurboTax package and then didn't want to retrace his/her steps with the batteries. Worst day ever, I'm thinking, in his/her mind.

Last edited:
Motorola Moto E smartphone $19.99 w tracfone . My sons Samsung Galaxy S2 finally conked out.

Wow! I haven't priced them, but I've heard good things about the Moto E and that sounds like a sensational deal.

Wow! I haven't priced them, but I've heard good things about the Moto E and that sounds like a sensational deal.
I've had mine for about 9 months and really like it. It's very basic but perfect for my limited use needs. ( I use it as a phone, read kindle and library books, surf the web and play simple board games like chess).

I reviewed my son's phone use and I think the Moto E it will work out OK for him as well. The only drawback is limited memory so if one likes to play lots of games with fancy graphics this phone would be a poor choice.

I've had mine for about 9 months and really like it. It's very basic but perfect for my limited use needs. ( I use it as a phone, read kindle and library books, surf the web and play simple board games like chess).

I reviewed my son's phone use and I think the Moto E it will work out OK for him as well. The only drawback is limited memory so if one likes to play lots of games with fancy graphics this phone would be a poor choice.

I love my Tracfone Moto E. Don't use it for anything fancy - calling, texting, and occasional surfing of the web. IIRC, I paid about the same as you are paying for your son's.

A couple new ND filters for my camera and some white tea.

I haven't bought anything at Amazon in over six months even though I have over $60 in my account.

Ever since they started $49+ for free shipping I haven't found anything I want from them.

I am certainly not paying $99 for Prime.

I am certainly not paying $99 for Prime.

I don't know you or your habits but I find the $99 for Prime to be a sensational deal. I haven't paid for a book, music/movie/tv show download, or shipping in years other than that annual fee. Amazon Video is what convinced me to cut the cord. For me, it's a real bargain.

Was awaiting a 24 pack cans of cat food but got an email saying item was damaged and won't be delivered. How the heck do you damage cans of cat food? So what if the box or cans are a bit dented :facepalm:.

Back
Top Bottom