What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
Just thought this might be fun for those of us who occasionally succumb to the allure of consumerism... :D

To start the thread, I'll go first. This morning I got an emergency weather radio. This could be a timely purchase, given that I live in New Orleans and that hurricane season is coming up on the first of June.

This is an AM/FM/weather/alerts/shortwave radio, and has a lithium battery, hand crank, solar, and AAA battery backup. It can charge a cell phone or iPad, has a flashlight, and more. Basically it is the Swiss Army knife of radios and looks like a nice radio to have in a weather emergency with power outage.

An assortment of trout flies last week. Couldn't pass up the price; $8.99 for a dozen decent flies.

I signed up for Prime a couple of months ago and I love it.
Plus, I haven't had to pay for anything from Amazon for a while now. I had part of my tax refund sent to my Amazon account and got a 10% bonus for doing that!

Harness and lead set X 2 for Grand Dogs birthday..
They were quite excited......not.

Jigsaw blades.

My brother broke and bent the other 3 which I had. He hasn't learned the concept of letting the tool do the job :facepalm:

A Kindle Book (wasn't Amazon about books at one time:confused:). 'The boy who was raised as a dog' Written by a Child Psychiatrist

I bought my new ASUS wireless router. I actually paid for same day delivery, which was available for very close to the standard shipping price (though not free!) I thought I might have to drive around locally to get it before leaving on vacation, but this worked out great.

61gYAncmDzL._SL1500_.jpg

Bought two of these. Really bright flashlights, and cheap.

Most messed up CD by the Old 97s, used, thru a dealer on Amazon. A great collection of songs if you have a bent toward alt.country or cowpunk or whatever you want to call it.

An eBook if that counts, but I order merch from Amazon from time to time too.

A robotic arm kit for a grandson,s birthday & a soccer play set for another grandson plus an e book I need to read for book club .

Just bought a Garmin GPS. My first.

A couple of days later, my credit card was compromised. I feel that it happened on Amazon. New card is on the way.

I bought a replacement case for my dog's Garmin GPS tracking unit. I get about one year out of a case, as it requires unzipping to charge the unit. The zipper eventually dies.

W2R, We have a weather radio like that, really handy. Though ours doesn't have all the bells and whistles that yours has.

Ink to do suminagashi......that's Japanese paper marbling.

Last week I just purchased a used version of "The Millionaire Next Door" on Amazon for one cent. Looks a little used but reads just fine. :)

A $125 rice cooker. With Asian people in the house, we must have a top flight rice cooking device.

Yesterday (Amazon via prime)

1. Package of 10 (set) of nylon wheels with 4" axles for rebuilding my garage door.

2. Extra charge cable for DW's I phone.

3. 0 - 10 AMP panel meter gauge for my old battery charger I am rebuilding.

Total cost of all three items was under $20 shipped.:cool:

I'm currently not buying anything from Amazon since they started charging sales tax in NC and also upped free shipping to orders $35 or more.

I'll get over it, I'm sure, but I'm still in a bit of a huff.

I'm currently not buying anything from Amazon since they started charging sales tax in NC and also upped free shipping to orders $35 or more.

I'll get over it, I'm sure, but I'm still in a bit of a huff.
The boost to $35 got me too.. If they ever start taxing in MO that will be the last straw. Really..:(

I have yet to purchase anything from Amazon although I do plan to start checking prices on things that I would normally buy from Walmart and see how the prices compare.

Back
Top Bottom