What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Apparently, some people if they have been to Europe or even Montreal or Quebec still eat only hamburger at McDonald's :nonono:, because they have not had terrine.

Terrine is a kind of meat loaf, but with a lot of interesting variations, not boring as American meat loaf. And it is certainly not any yuckier than meat loaf, and less scary than sausage.

Last edited:
Accounts are sharable between members of the same "household". I guess it depends on how you interpret "household". To me it would mean the same address.

Well, the daughters involved do have a room each in the home and live here from time to time. One is in college, the other between husbands. DW does live here full time. I guess it's not quite time for the handcuffs to be put on me yet.:LOL:

Really? ours is shared between three different locations. All they asked for was family member name, relationship, e-mail address and birthday (birthday optional).

Interesting. I'll have to go read the fine print on that. One of my sisters is on a tight budget right now and she'd probably appreciate it if she could piggyback on my prime membership.

I live in WV, she's in GA. We'll see.

Really? ours is shared between three different locations. All they asked for was family member name, relationship, e-mail address and birthday (birthday optional).
Looks like you pulled a fast one: :)

Share Your Amazon Prime Benefits

Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household. If you purchase a Prime membership for a small business, you may invite up to four co-workers to shop with this corporate account. Other Amazon Prime membership benefits such as Prime Instant Video, Prime Music, and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library can't be shared.
Amazon.com Help: Share Your Amazon Prime Benefits

Interesting. I'll have to go read the fine print on that. One of my sisters is on a tight budget right now and she'd probably appreciate it if she could piggyback on my prime membership.

It would seem that you could share free Prime shipping if you had an agreement to order under the same username and either reimburse the actual buyer or use multiple credit cards.

Can't you just order the stuff on your Prime and have the purchase shipped to your sister? You can save an ship to address book in Amazon.

I did that not long ago for my sister when helping her build a shed. I picked up something which made no sense to deliver to my place the me stuff that in an already packed car to bring over.

I'm assuming your sister would gladly reimburse you for ordering the stuff for her.

Can't you just order the stuff on your Prime and have the purchase shipped to your sister? You can save an ship to address book in Amazon...........
Yea, that's what I was implying in post 208, above.

There are so many on the Web. I have done only a few; I like liver, hence make pâté more often.

How are you sure my post was directed at you? ;)
I like the "les trois petits cochons" brand (three little pigs). Great product line. I've made pâté before, but prefer to occasionally buy it instead.

Actually, DH specifically refers to it as "Audrey's cat food". He is not a huge fan.

http://3pigs.com

Last edited:
Ordered "recertified new" Roku 3 for the bedroom. $79 free shipping.
Good luck so far on all recertified and refurbished items. Will advise.

I don't have Prime. My son... 300 mi away has Prime, so I share his free Prime movies (not the shipping)... In turn, he doesn't have Netflix, so shares mine.
No problems.

BTW... If you have two media players, you can stream two different or even the same movie at the same time. ... as in sometimes I want to go to bed early, and watch in the bedroom, while DW is watching the same show in the living room. Not sure how this would work with a slow connection, but works fine for us.

Actually, DH specifically refers to it as "Audrey's cat food". He is not a huge fan.

Les Trois Petits Cochonsâ„¢ - The Three Little Pigs
What a shame! I like liver, and can eat pâté any time. My son is also a fan, finicky eater as he is.

Handling liver is messy. What I have found is blanching chicken liver firms it up, and makes the handling easier. And I usually use 50/50 chicken liver and ground pork.

Time to make some!

Ordered "recertified new" Roku 3 for the bedroom. $79 free shipping.
Good luck so far on all recertified and refurbished items. Will advise.

I don't have Prime. My son... 300 mi away has Prime, so I share his free Prime movies (not the shipping)... In turn, he doesn't have Netflix, so shares mine.
No problems.

BTW... If you have two media players, you can stream two different or even the same movie at the same time. ... as in sometimes I want to go to bed early, and watch in the bedroom, while DW is watching the same show in the living room. Not sure how this would work with a slow connection, but works fine for us.

Be careful setting up the re-certified Roku 3 as we bought 2 of them recently (DD has one now). We had difficulty pairing the remotes on both. We had to call Roku support and verify the procedure, which was different than in the instructions. I can't remember what we did, but we finally got them paired.

Nice wallet, easysurfer! It looks like it will hold a lot without being too bulky.

I got that wallet yesterday. But it's huge. After filling it up with my money, id and credit cards, key, and some other things like a few bandages for emergencies, the wallet comes to around 1 3/4" thick. No way would it fit in the back pocket. I'm a front pants pocket wearer anyhow.

I got that wallet yesterday. But it's huge. After filling it up with my money, id and credit cards, key, and some other things like a few bandages for emergencies, the wallet comes to around 1 3/4" thick. No way would it fit in the back pocket. I'm a front pants pocket wearer anyhow.

Agh!! Thanks for the information. That's way too thick for most people. The picture made it look thinner than that, to me. I appreciate your post, because I was very honestly thinking of ordering one like that, and I had even bookmarked it.

I do carry a purse, but I prefer to keep its weight at a minimum. Consequently I usually carry a smaller wallet than most other women. This one is just too big for me and I didn't realize it.

I just sent a cookbook and a children's book to DS and his family from Amazon. Next up for us here is ordering clear trash bags (best ever for storing things in the basement--keeps the dust out but you can see what is in them), which I can't find anywhere other than on Amazon.

We have Prime for the shipping but honestly I would pay more for it just because I could watch four seasons of Justified using it, not to mention Curious George videos :).

Agh!! Thanks for the information. That's way too thick for most people. The picture made it look thinner than that, to me. I appreciate your post, because I was very honestly thinking of ordering one like that, and I had even bookmarked it.

I do carry a purse, but I prefer to keep its weight at a minimum. Consequently I usually carry a smaller wallet than most other women. This one is just too big for me and I didn't realize it.

You're welcome. I still like the wallet because it holds the spare key fine. But we'll see after I bring it out and about.

Last night (around 8PM) I ordered a four-pack of Dial hand wash anti-bacterial soap. When I went outside today around 12:15 PM the package was at the front door. The Amazon website states the package was delivered at 10:47 AM.

So strange to see the USPS Grumman out front Sunday to deliver 3 bags of Doggie Dental Treats. My world she is a changin'.

(We did discuss whether Amazon would purchase the Post Office and add it to their drone fleet.)

A box arrived today with some more picture framing/hanging stuff, a dusting brush (twice I've had to disassemble a framed photo because some bit of dust snuck in there) and this will hopefully help) little soft plastic cushions to go on the back of the frame and hold it off the wall. That allows air circulation behind the frame and in areas with high humidity can be important for mold prevention. It also reduces the attraction to insects since there's no little crack to hide in.

Another box should arrive tomorrow and that'll be it for a while.

I just bought a replacement windshield washer pump for the car, and two replacement remotes for the garage door opener.

I am not happy with Amazon!

Placed an order with them early on Tues. Received an email that the order got shipped today. I had hoped to get it before the weekend, so that I can take it with me back to the boonies home to do some work. And this is not the 1st time for me that the order is not shipped until the 3rd day. Definitely not happy!

I have been buying from eBay, and these small mom-and-pop vendors often ship the same day if you place an order early in the morning. Digikey, an electronic part vendor, has that as a policy.

So, the order was placed on 6/24, which was last Tuesday. I got the garage remotes on Sat 6/28, but where is the windshield washer pump?

Logged onto Amazon. It says "Preparing for shipment". What preparation? It has been 1 week. It sounds like they don't have it on their shelf, and have to go out to get it. By the way, this item is shown as sold by Amazon, not an outside vendor.

Back
Top Bottom