What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I just bought a charger adapter for my Kindle, cost half as much as the official one and was advertised as "exactly the same as Amazon, except for the logo"

Bought a call blocker (yes, I still have landline :)).

Amazon.com: SENTRY Dual Mode Call Blocker. Block 100% Robo Calls. Stop All Junk Calls, Election Calls, Survey Calls. 9999 Number Capacity: Electronics

With the mid-term elections coming up, been getting bombarded with robocalls along with the regular telemarketing calls.

Hopefully, this will do the trick to stem the tide.

Oh my goodness! I had no idea such a product was available! I wouldn't guess you've gotten yours yet Easysurfer, but has anyone else used this? We live in NC, site of one of THE most contested senate races and it is getting ridiculous. Well, there's that and the generic robocalls about "This is your last chance to ....click" And yes, we're on the do not call list.

Seriously, anyone have one of these? Thx.

Oh my goodness! I had no idea such a product was available! I wouldn't guess you've gotten yours yet Easysurfer, but has anyone else used this? We live in NC, site of one of THE most contested senate races and it is getting ridiculous. Well, there's that and the generic robocalls about "This is your last chance to ....click" And yes, we're on the do not call list.

I haven't received mine yet. Actually, I'm a bit bummed at Amazon as when I ordered, the blocker was listed as under Amazon Prime. Then right after I checked again and it shows not available for Amazon Prime. I did just check and the current status is sending, with an estimated arrival of early next week.

In the meantime, you can check out a demo on Youtube:

Sentry Usage Complete - YouTube

This kitchen timer. What I like about it is that after time runs out it starts to count up so you know how long it's been since you ran out of time.
81rphMGLCBL._SL1500_.jpg

This kitchen timer. What I like about it is that after time runs out it starts to count up so you know how long it's been since you ran out of time. ...

Ahhhh, in search of the (near) perfect kitchen timer!

I actually had to list the features I wanted, and then went on my search (haven't really found it yet). But I have that one, and it is good.

Off the top of my head - feature list (and a check on this model):

A) Cheap battery - AA or AAA alkaline, no $$$ coin batteries please, we always have AA/AAA on hand -check

B) Large digits - check

C) Count up after hit hits zero - check (nice to know if you missed it by 1 minute or 20 minutes)

D) Memory - when it goes to zero, a 'start' goes back to the previous time setting - check

E) Multi-hour capability - (descending scale) da-da-da-da-da-da-waaaaaaa-waaaa-waaaaa - that one is 99 minutes max. Anyone ever time a 3 hour roast?

We had one that had a switch to go between minutes and hours ( 99 min 59 sec, or 99 hours 59 minutes. That died and can't find it anywhere.

And a pet-peeve - try to actually find out if a unit has these features or not! It ain't easy!

So when I need a multi-hour timer, I use an 'app' on my iPod touch or tablet. Talk about over-kill!

-ERD50

I bought stickers like those from a local MicroCenter and paid $10 or $15 for them. And after 6 months the lettering on the stickers also wore off so I am no betteroff than I was before. Maybe I try these. Thanks for the link. :)

I'll give these a shot. Hopefully, they won't wear off soon.

I could just go to Goodwill and buy a cheap keyboard for about $3. But the old Gateway keyboard that I'm using (PS2 type, but have a USB adapter) sure is comfy for me.

I'll give these a shot. Hopefully, they won't wear off soon.

I could just go to Goodwill and buy a cheap keyboard for about $3. But the old Gateway keyboard that I'm using (PS2 type, but have a USB adapter) sure is comfy for me.

I should have added before that my keyboard is a Microsoft 4000 Ergonomic one which cost me $50 so I don't want to have to trash it because some of the dang letters wore off. Because I have used only about 8 of them, it is possible for me to manipulate the unused ones (i.e. turn the W upside-down to get another M) although they will probably wear off in 6 months anyway. I can't use the regular ones on an everyday basis because they hurt my wrists.

Bought a 10" tablet from Walmart on Black Friday in 2013 (Trio Stealth) for $99, and really liked it. Dropped it a month ago and it won't boot past welcome.
Since then, haven't found anything near that price, until last week... Amazon has a 10.1 IRULU tablet with KitKat... faster and more features than the Trio.
$95... including bluetooth. Ordered it on Friday night and received on Tuesday AM via US Mail.
For sure, not an Apple, but then it's easier to part with $95, and not worry about my fumble fingers dropping, or my failing memory forgetting and losing it.

Don't know if I posted this on another thread, but my son just sent me a free invite to Amazon 2 Day shipping (eligible items). I already use his Amazon Prime and Netflix for movies on my computer or Roku. In asking friends about this "sharing" an account for Netflix or Amazon Prime... most didn't know. Not a huge savings, but the sharing on Netflix paid for my tablet. :)

Last edited:
Some hardware-type odds and ends for an air compressor pump replacement project I'm doing in my shop; pulley, v-belt, and a tubing bender I'll "need" to finish the job. While browsing for the bits and pieces and doing cost comparisons, noted that the Amazon credit card offer doubled in the amount credited if I opted to signup. Seeing that our current card is somewhat restrictive on how the rebates can be used (only for vehicle purchase, and not really needing that for the foreseeable future) I was in the market for a different card anyway. A quick review of the terms looked reasonable so I got about a 75% discount on my order :)

Couldn't afford this one.
Samsung UN105S9 Curved 105-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV
by Samsung 52 customer reviews
Price: $119,999.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

:) After reading the customer reviews... overwhelmingly positive, I have approach DW about this as a Christmas present to ourselves. Thanks for the lead!
Have to order early, as, according to Amazon, delivery could take 3 to 5 weeks... probably due to high demand.

Last edited:
Couldn't afford this one.
Samsung UN105S9 Curved 105-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV
by Samsung 52 customer reviews
Price: $119,999.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

In a recent comparison of expertly calibrated TV's the winner was..... A plasma TV that is being phased out by Samsung.

So, get your Plasma TV soon. Right now only LG makes them and who knows how long that will last.

Seresto flea collar for the pussy cat. She shouldn't need it for another month but I want to be prepared. I bought her last one for $40 Amazon Prime. The best price I could get for this one was $45 on Amazon from another seller.

The Seresto collar is now the #1 selling flea collar on Amazon.

I received my call blocker yesterday. It's big (looks kinda like a caller ID display on steroids :) ). As of this moment, I have 5 numbers on my accept list and 2 (repeat robocalls) on my reject list. The instructions say to leave the device at the "off" mode for about a week to collect numbers to set up the accept/reject lists, then turn it on for a more detailed monitoring. I don't have it turned on yet to reject all robocalls.

My call blocker automatically blocked it's first Telemarketing call today. That is a nice feeling hearing the phone only ring once then the blocker hang up. That sounds much better then hearing my answering machine pick up and getting a robocall or the telemarketers hanging up on me.

I've got my "Accept" list set up so now I just turned on the Sentry to automatically screen calls which is a prerecording (sounds like an English butler) challenging robo callers to press zero "0" which, "They can't, they are a robocall" (sounds like a Geico commercial :D).

What a great call blocker, easysurfer! I especially like challenging the robocalls to punch zero. :D

As for me, despite the market downturn I ordered a Vitamix. I have never had one, and I thought it might make a good consolation prize after not getting that house I wanted. Naturally I got one of the more expensive models at what may not be the cheapest source in order to provide even greater consolation. :rolleyes:

I ordered new pillows for our bed. They were supposed to arrive today but, yet again, Amazon is apologizing for a transit delay for my order. Third time this month.

What a great call blocker, easysurfer! I especially like challenging the robocalls to punch zero. :D

As for me, despite the market downturn I ordered a Vitamix. I have never had one, and I thought it might make a good consolation prize after not getting that house I wanted. Naturally I got one of the more expensive models at what may not be the cheapest source in order to provide even greater consolation. :rolleyes:

I'm quite pleased with the call blocker. It screened out two telemarketer and/or robocalls today. On my side, all I hear is one ring, then my phone hangs up. (I don't even hear the challenge recording, but tested it with my cell, so know the callers get that).

That blender looks nice. Good idea for the consolation prizes for yourself :D

I got a citrus juicer a few days ago for both lemons/limes and oranges. Had some nice fresh OJ along with my dinner tonight.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DB8YMN4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Protective case ($9.95) for my new Moto G smart phone that is replacing an old Droid 2. The Moto G is a flashed Boost Mobile phone that I now have on Page Plus. All is good for $29.95/ month. Phone cost $130, flash the chip was included. I ported the number for free.

I also ordered a protective screen cover ($4.95).

Both the case and screen covers were shipped free using Prime.;)

Back
Top Bottom