What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Books, of course! But I am looking at an external battery pack for my digital toys (after 30 hours w/o electricity).

-- Rita

Thirty hours without electricity? How awful. We haven't had a power outage like that in a while, but I remember using my car to power my iPhone. Maybe that would work in an emergency, until you get the external battery pack. Might not be as convenient, though.

Thirty hours without electricity? How awful. We haven't had a power outage like that in a while, but I remember using my car to power my iPhone. Maybe that would work in an emergency, until you get the external battery pack. Might not be as convenient, though.

Yes big wind storm, early in the fall before all the leaves are off the trees. Using a car, yes, but it takes a long time. Apparently these external battery packs are much faster. I have a friend with one, need to ask her what her experience is.

- Rita

Add me to the list of folks glad to see you back, Goonie. :)
You gotta do something until spring, right?
Yep, surfin' the 'net on my iPad from the LazyBoy is my normal time killer in the gardening "off season".

Hey Goonie, didn't you have an extensive train set, or my memory fails me again?
Your memory is excellent, NW! The last time I was here, it was quite extensive. However, since then, it has become even more extensive! Besides just modeling, I've expanded my collecting as well.

BTW....in keeping on topic....I just placed an Amazon order for a couple of new high visibility safety vests (like the DOT road crews wear) to wear while I'm out walking & biking. I have one, but decided to grab a couple of spares for later use or for any friends that might want to trek around with me.

I bought a Garmin Vivofit last week, a 55th birthday present to myself.

I've been enjoying it. It motivates me to get off my lazy butt, and I have averaged almost 9,000 steps per day since I got it on Thursday. :dance:

Many thanks to Lsbcal for this helpful thread and additonal advice offline. :flowers:

I gave into instant gratification and ordered yesterday from Amazon for overnight Sunday delivery (extra cost $5.99).

I re-ordered the call blocker model which I previously returned :facepalm: as the version 2.0 model (including a replacement model) didn't play nice :LOL:

According to Amazon's tracking, someone for A-Courier is on the way from out of state to make the package drop :)

DW had complained several times about difficulty getting the lids off jars. So I got an automatic jar opener. $10, free shipping (with prime) and works great.

My husband gave me one of those for my birthday when I was about 45 and I was really insulted. But today, I use it all the time.:)

Last week, I ordered all 6 of my grandchildren's Christmas gifts from Amazon. Prime is so convenient!

A new video game,

and a red oversized t-shirt, around-the-house retiree wear!

This: DEF for the car.

def.jpg

Does it have to be Amazon?

I just bought a wall outlet with USB ports, and several colored v-neck t-shirts from Walmart. Lower prices with Walmart though they do have a higher 'free' shipping hurdle ($50).

Does it have to be Amazon?

I just bought a wall outlet with USB ports, and several colored v-neck t-shirts from Walmart. Lower prices with Walmart though they do have a higher 'free' shipping hurdle ($50).

22 pages of thread and you want to change the store?:facepalm::D

Well, not the last thing I bought, but something purchased about a month ago but just started using today.

I'm happy that I splurged and got this cool humidifier as my skin was crawling previously itching with the dryness of the air.

In a a few hours, the humidity level is up from about 25% to 34%.

Amazon.com - Air-O-Swiss AOS S450 Digital Steam Humidifier -

Attachments

• humidifer.jpg
    humidifer.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 11
I'll be interested to see if anyone here purchases the Amazon Echo when it comes out - and to see what they think of it. However, I suspect that many of the rational and pragmatic minds who frequent these parts are maybe not the types who will want it.

Last edited:
I am going to order this for DH's birthday present:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 300
A vintage grease filter for our 1967 GE Hood Fan. They still manufacture them in the US. Couldn't find a cheap one here so it is shipping from Los Angeles to our home in Canada. In January we will take it to our villa, about 2 hours from Los Angeles :facepalm:

I ordered a USB car charger and cable for the iPhone. Actually two, one for each of us. They were inexpensive, yet delivered on Sunday.

I ordered a Paperwhite and case as a Christmas present for a friend, and the complete Twin Peaks set for myself.

Throwing LBYM to the winds, I ordered this rain jacket in blue. It was on sale, and I used $28 worth of rewards from my Amazon Visa, which helped. Hopefully it will be an appropriate rain jacket for our torrential (and hot) summer rains here in South Louisiana.

Back
Top Bottom