What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Years ago, I ordered a hard drive. The box it came in was huge. I did not understand, until I opened it and saw they had shipped me 12!
I called them and they paid the return shipping

That's really cool. I use my standard scale, measure my weight, then pick up the suitcase and take the difference. I have to admit your device is easier!

BTW, love my scale. It is a classic "Detecto" brand weight scale. There is no substitute. Springs won't do. Guess what? Scale was ordered from Amazon, but was sourced directly from Detecto.

I got my luggage scale. It's accurate measured against the package scale I also have. I do have a bit of buyer's remorse though as the one I have doesn't fold nicely like another brand and the gauge of mine is every 5 lbs whereas the other is every pound. Plus the other has a carrying case.

But, the one I have is made more of metal than plastic which is a plus. Oh, on both of them, not only do they weigh luggage but also have a built in measuring tape to help make sure luggage is of proper dimension.

The one I got:

Amazon.com: Travelon Stop & Lock Luggage Scale, Black, One Size: Clothing

The one I kinda wish I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Smartrip-Lugg...qid=1450740447&sr=8-44&keywords=luggage+scale

p.s. I'm worn out just weighing my suitcase a few times..working out my triceps :).

I ordered my grandchildren's Christmas gifts. Two Lego sets, three Barbie house furnishing sets, one gift card. It is great that the gifts for the out of town grandchildren can be ordered wrapped.

Assorted socks to make sock snakes for my grand babies.
Am considering ordering a horse head squirrel feeder on the recommendation of the cashier at Ace Hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

My woodworking router on-off switch went out today. So I popped one into my Amazon cart. But Amazon didn't like the size of my cart, so I added a chisel sharpening stone in order to get to a checkout screen.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Ordered a new computer router. Should arrive today with same day free shipping :) (I had to add a case of cat food too to bump the total order up to qualify for free same day shipping). Also had to chance to do a pickup up of the order at a 7-Eleven (now Amazon and 7-Eleven are shipping partners too, I guess) but chose to just get the delivery at home.

Vacuum cleaner belts. Was a house guest and volunteered to vacuum while hosts were out - promptly sucked in a shoelace and smoked the belt. :blush: Thank you Amazon Prime for the quick face save.

A replacement power supply for a 3TB HDD attached to my Dish receiver.

H&R Block tax software. It's half-price today.

Vacuum cleaner belts. Was a house guest and volunteered to vacuum while hosts were out - promptly sucked in a shoelace and smoked the belt. :blush: Thank you Amazon Prime for the quick face save.
Went to Walmart to get vacuum bags. It had very few bags, and not the one I need. Looks like people all use bagless machines now, instead of the old style like mine. I do not like the bagless because the mess I have seen when one empties it, so will continue to use mine.

Went on eBay and ordered 20 for $16, shipping included. And it arrived in 3 days. Son of gun!

I buy more from eBay than Amazon for things like this, as eBay is cheaper.

I ordered a motorcycle tank bag for my son for Christmas, some waterproof red blinking LEDs for the dog's collar for night-time walks and a couple of 128 GB USB drives. All good and at better prices than I could find locally.

A package of push-on quick connect adaptors, because I am tired of my OTA antennas just falling off the back of my TV's due to an imperfect fit. Hopefully this will keep them connected a little better.

I ordered them 8 days ago and they haven't been shipped yet. They are supposed to arrive on Wednesday. Slackers. :LOL: Oh well, that'll teach me to order something that's not Prime.

..........All good and at better prices than I could find locally.
Yea, I don't find the "buy local" argument valid. Any local business can sell internationally if they want to. And our local / state chamber of commerce is just an arm of a political party.

The last (heh heh) piece of my home studio - Audio Technica large diaphragm condensor mike. ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1451920251.531027.jpg

Nice mike.

Do they usually put up anechoic foam tiles or hang some drapes?

Nice mike.

Do they usually put up anechoic foam tiles or hang some drapes?

So far, only a thick rug on the floor, but may add some dampening. Previously I used a Shure SM58, left over from a brief stint playing in a band some twenty years ago. Likely a bigger issue with this mic will be ambient noise. A live mic will record equipment and HVAC fan noise perfectly!

Might build a homemade something similar to this:
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1451922548.830148.jpg

So far, only a thick rug on the floor, but may add some dampening. Previously I used a Shure SM58, left over from a brief stint playing in a band some twenty years ago. Likely a bigger issue with this mic will be ambient noise. A live mic will record equipment and HVAC fan noise perfectly!

Might build a homemade something similar to this:
View attachment 22904

Wow. Nice stuff!

For the first time ever, my order (for push-on quick connect adaptors) was delayed for several days and then disappeared! I got an e-mail saying that oops, they had run out. :LOL:

There are other sources on Amazon so I'll just try one of them. But first, I'll wait until my yard is not a hard hat zone due to falling logs and heavy equipment. It will be safer for the UPS guy later next week.

Last edited:
For the first time ever, my order (for push-on quick connect adaptors) was delayed for several days and then disappeared! I got an e-mail saying that oops, they had run out. :LOL:

First time for me too was ordering some photo printer ink cartridges. That disappeared too! Rather than reorder from the same vendor at Amazon I ordered from B&H Photo. Free shipping but not in two days but no biggie.

No issues with the refund on the cc, so I'm still going to order stuff from Amazon.

A Roku 3 Streaming Media Player and an HDMI cable :dance:

Oh yeah - 2 5-packs of CR2016 replacement batteries for my dog's blinking collar (had them on a wishlist waiting for free shipping!)

A small blue tooth speaker, normally $100, now $25.00.
Also bought an Irish Penny Whistle.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon

I ordered four last things:

1. Avery Removable Color Coding Labels, Round. Cost $2.99. Staples price $7.99

2. Avery Color Coding File Folder Labels. Cost $3.99. Staples price $4.95. Staples only had them in white--which makes it really hard to color code.

3. West Bend Digital Timer

4. St. Ives Soft and Silky Body Wash, Coconut and Orchid (24 oz Pack of 2). I am going to smell so good (and as a bonus I'm going to feel soft and silky) all for $8.66.

Back
Top Bottom