What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I did not want to spend $400 on a GoPro, so after some research I got this. Video reviews show the GoPro a little better but for the price $89, I think this should work for an underwater camera. There are even knock offs of the knock off for under $50!

51foaZVdUtL.jpg

Here is a link.

Bought the grandson a GoPro for Christmas, but this probably would have done the trick.

Last purchase:

FRYE Women's Melissa Button Boot

Last edited:
Savoie's Old Fashioned Dark Roux - 16 oz.

heh heh heh - I have tryed over the years but usually past peanut butter color I lose it before getting a truly dark roux. :facepalm:

heh heh heh - I have tryed over the years but usually past peanut butter color I lose it before getting a truly dark roux. :facepalm:

Heck I have a hard time just getting to peanut butter! Might have to check that stuff out! Thanks!

Heck I have a hard time just getting to peanut butter! Might have to check that stuff out! Thanks!

I need to try that stuff. Even getting a very light roux takes some time, and us northerners aren't very practiced in the art! Getting into the darker ones is risky - easy to get burn't/bitter.

Would this lighter version be more appropriate for northerner tastes? I do make a red beans and rice with andiouille occasionally (not often enough - DW isn't a fan)

http://www.amazon.com/Karys-Roux-ou..._UL160_SR100,160_&refRID=103BYBMXR87FAW68RBR7

or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Savoies-Light...r=1-2-spell&keywords=savoies+old+fashion+roux

PS/PSA: Could people please include a link to the products they mention?! It would be very helpful - thanks!

-ERD50

Last edited:
I need to try that stuff. Even getting a very light roux takes some time, and us northerners aren't very practiced in the art! Getting into the darker ones is risky - easy to get burn't/bitter.

Would this lighter version be more appropriate for northerner tastes? I do make a red beans and rice with andiouille occasionally (not often enough - DW isn't a fan)

http://www.amazon.com/Karys-Roux-ou..._UL160_SR100,160_&refRID=103BYBMXR87FAW68RBR7

or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Savoies-Light...o I sometimes will make two smaller versions.

Last edited:
We ordered good Walkie Talkies for our grandson's birthday. They have a ranch and he wants to use them outside.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

1) AA batteries for a few battery powered motion activated nightlights. The batteries in them lasted about 6 months so it's time for more.

2) translucent window film for the windows on the street side of my house, for a little more privacy.

I just went on a shopping spree. A late Christmas for myself. My laptop is old, and overheating. I'm mostly using it for just online work and playing around, not really any gaming or using many programs. So I decided to pick up a Chromebook for half the price of a decent laptop to see if it's worth the simplicity. I could have gotten an 11" one for $100 less, but I know I'd be straining at the small screen for the work I need to get done.

Acer Chromebook 15

I also am tired of using a plastic spatula for my cast iron pots, so I was looking at metal fish flippers. I found one for $21, but Winco isn't a terrible brand, so I think this cheaper $5 might work. And if not, I'll return it for poor performance and get the more expensive one. I also like that this cheaper one has a wood handle.

Winco Stainless Steel 6.5" Fish Spatula

The trackpads on laptops aren't that great for me, so I picked up a mouse I'm hoping to save for my future gaming PC build. The shifting LED colors it's supposed to have seem pretty cool, and it has good enough reviews that $15 beats the $60+ of other gaming mice.

Redragon M602 NEMEANLION 3000 DPI USB Gaming Mouse for PC, 7 Buttons, 7 Color LED Backlighting

And a stylish mousepad to go with it. I thought about getting a hard metal one, but this will curve over the arm of the couch if I'm feeling lazy and want to use the laptop there.

Redragon gaming mousepad

I got this laser temperature gun because it's a cool tool and there's no such thing as having enough cool tools. Hard to beat the price with it on sale right now too.

Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Digital Laser IR Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun

And finally, since it's cold and we're making a lot of soups in bulk because it's more economical that way, we needed a place to put all the leftovers. So this 24 pack of 32-ounce food safe deli containers that are freezer safe should do perfect.

Reditainer Extreme Freeze Deli Food Containers with Lids, 32-Ounce, 24-Pack

One of those ultra-light micro fiber towels. I got the extra small but I'm a little miffed that it weighs more than advertised (spec is 1.3oz but weighs 1.4oz). Will use this to either cover my camera or clean it off when hit by rain/spray.

Robot Check

Swivel barstools for the kitchen peninsula (counter) at my Dream House:

Comfortable, easy to assemble, about the right height, but for some unknown reason they don't quite float my boat. I'll give them some time.

Time has passed, and I hated that swivel barstool more and more as time went by. (I don't know why I used the plural in my post above, because luckily I only bought one.) My swivel barstool not only didn't float my boat, it became as annoying as a pebble in my shoe or a thorn in my sock, and was the source of considerable grumbling under my breath.

So, last week I got what for me is a *MUCH* better barstool. It's cheap, extremely sturdy, just the right height, comfortable, not terribly heavy, and doesn't take much room. This one I really like! It doesn't look comfortable but it really is, and in every desirable quality it is just right. So, I ordered another yesterday and might order a third one later on.

I guess this is one case in which the cheaper option actually is better. THIS one floats my boat. :D It requires felt adhesive pads to protect my hardwood floor, but they didn't cost much either.

Last edited:
Fuzzy slippers and wool socks.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

.... It's cheap, extremely sturdy, just the right height, comfortable, not terribly heavy, and doesn't take much room. This one I really like! It doesn't look comfortable but it really is, and in every desirable quality it is just right. So, I ordered another yesterday and might order a third one later on.

I guess this is one case in which the cheaper option actually is better. THIS one floats my boat. :D It requires felt adhesive pads to protect my hardwood floor, but they didn't cost much either.

We have two of those in our kitchen and love them--they completely fit under the counter overhang when not in use, and are very comfortable. I like the simple design, too.

So, last week I got what for me is a *MUCH* better barstool.

That's pretty funny. I had the same experience with a very similar barstool to yours, and I got rid of mine, too (3 of 'em).

Then I replaced them with the same kind you did, and am much happier with them. $10 each at Wally World.

Dang, I had no idea it was possible to spend $50 for insoles. I don't spend that much on the shoes!

I'm that way too but I learned that if you ever get a foot condition that requires special shoes that will alleviate the pain you'll be willing to spend much, much more. DW had a bout with plantar fascitis and we ended up spending nearly $200 on a pair of special sneakers for her. Both of us had to swallow hard to do that.

It worked, so it was well worth the money.

I bought a Cage Cutout Bralette Padded Seamless Sports Bra Bustier Crop Top (Black).
(I will not be entertaining questions at this time).

Last purchase:

FRYE Women's Melissa Button Boot

At least post pictures once the ensemble is complete. I'm assuming there's going to be a motorcycle involved.

I ordered a 'pocket talker' this past week while sitting in a seminar where they were talking about them. It arrived in two days and seems to work quite well. I am looking forward to trying it out next week in a meeting and then I'll probably give it to my mom for awhile.

I haven't ordered anything from Amazon since before Christmas.....I believe I am starting to get the "shakes". I better get with it before I get out of control!:D

I ordered a new Cuisinart coffee maker and a block of kitchen knives for the rental condo we own. It's about time we upgraded after a few guests mentioned those two things.

Back
Top Bottom