What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Ummm... not from Amazon, and I didn't order, but thought some might be interested in this week's offering from Aldi....

The Albrecht's version of Go Pro.... Special at $39.95. Might pick one up along with this week's groceries.

Aldi Action Camera - Review - Ride It Out

Didn't wanna start a new thread:blush:

Received a bag of Eukanuba dog food and treats today. For my dog....not me. ;) Cheaper than Petco, no tax and delivered to the front door. I don't know how the big box stores stay in business.

I just bought Gillette Trac II cartridges, a real bargain. My local pharmacies stopped carrying these ancient shavings tools so I have to go elsewhere. Never knew how expensive they were locally, even when they were on sale, compared to the huge bargain I got.

Two external hard drives, Acronis True Image 2016 backup software (three computers), three USB flash drives. Actually we only have two computers but the software only comes in licenses for one, three, or five computers for home users.

The hard drive on the desktop failed and while I did have backups that restored most data, it did not restore the software and configurations so I've been spending a lot of time rebuilding the system. According to what I can find and what the guy at the shop said the Acronis software can back up the entire system so hopefully I won't have to go through this again.

the Acronis software can back up the entire system

Yes it can! I've used Acronis to restore my system disk on two occasions (two different computers) and it worked perfectly.

3 smoke detectors for my girlfriend's house.

Even though I'm shopping less on Amazon lately since I can find better prices elswhere nonetheless I still shop there frequently.

- Vans Classic Slipons and no-see socks - finally decided to join the bandwagon
- HEPA filters for the furnace/AC
- InkJet cartridge
- 303 UV protectant spray for tires/rubber
- Mechanix gloves
- Signstek UNI-T UT210E Handheld RMS AC/DC Mini Digital Clamp Meter
- Fluke 1AC-A1-II VoltAlert Non-Contact Voltage Tester
- Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier, HCM-350
- Oenbopo Motorcycle Bicycle MTB Bike Handlebar Cell Phone Mount
- HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester

Thinking about a Roomba 650...

Just purchased from Amazon the other day. It was an eclectic assortment of products. Wireless headphones for when I go to the gym or work in the yard, some garden snipping shears, a few products for my wife, some water filter cartridges for the kitchen faucet and some hot spa water test strips. Decided to try their "Prime" service, to see if the Amazon Video choices were any good. I think my wife is hooked.

Moto G 4th gen Cell Phone.
$159 for a nice looking phone. I was going to get another iPhone but want to own the device - tired of being locked into contracts. Verizon sales guy kept giving me different answers when I asked what the iPhone 6 cost. They really push for the monthly lease. On line a similar iPhone was well over $700.

So far at $160 it's a darn nice phone. Big clear screen, great battery life, fast processor (coming from an iPhone 4s though), good sound and decent built in speakers. If it lasts a year it's still half the price of an iPhone/Vz lease. Heck, it's cheaper than what Vz wanted to insure DD iPhone 6.

Purchased 16GB of memory for an older Mac book pro. El Capitan was installed to make it go faster. Kid did not realize that with 4GB installed, it would lag even more.
Had to run to lowes to get a better screwdriver to remove/replace case screws.
Kid is asking how much I charge for repairs. Lol.
Apple store wouldn't help her. Said computer needed new hard drive. Disk diagnostics tell me OK. No geniuses at the bar.

DW just got the exact same vac from Amazon last week. She loves it!

Same here, got it as a gift last year, and it's been excellent. Battery lasts a long time and it's quite powerful.

I just ordered some organic, raw cacao powder from Amazon for making hot chocolate and other yummy treats. Only $9.50 for a whole pound -- pretty good deal, I think. I like being able to make hot chocolate where I can control the amount of sugar / sweetness.

I bought this Animal Crossing card, with an RFID chip in it, for $5 (paid with credit card rewards, so in a sense it was free).

If you touch the card to the 3DSXL gaming console, then the animal depicted on the card enters your Animal Crossing game. The cranky, peculiar penguin Hopper is my favorite of the 333 animals in that game.

Now if this purchase isn't frivolous, I don't know what is! I'll never manage to out-do the members who love blowing money on expensive cognac and caviar, but I suppose this qualifies as a really good try. :D

Last edited:
Today was amazon gift cards, a battery charger thing to plug into a cigarette lighter and 8 fly catchers. The fly catchers are great we have filled some with dead flies already. A smelly bag fills with flies who drown, fewer flies get in the house and murdering flies is makes people happy like murdering ants or roaches.

Attachments

• fly swatter.jpg
    fly swatter.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 13
I ordered these reading glasses. They are great for guy's pockets. At about $6 per pair they are expendable too. I've never found such a compact case and glasses that are decently constructed. If they last a year I would feel it is a good purchase.

21cb3bt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom