What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I ordered some mosquito repellent. The order process irritated me - I've attached a jpg screenshot. Compare the price for one with the price for the two-pack. No doubt some math challenged customers ordered that two-pack.

Attachments

• Amazon.JPG
    Amazon.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 54
No doubt some math challenged customers ordered that two-pack.

Well, of course! And for good reason.
Look at the time it would save them. To order two of the 1-packs would take at least another click, maybe two. In this hectic age, isn't the savings of time and effort worth a few bucks?

No different from what the supermarket does. You have to compare package sizes and prices very carefully these days.

Depends......

Well, I was thinking it depends on the day, but the questions asked about the last item. So, ironically enough, the last thing I bought were diapers for my niece and nephew (Twins) who were born this past weekend :)

Depends......

Well, I was thinking it depends on the day, but the questions asked about the last item. So, ironically enough, the last thing I bought were diapers for my niece and nephew (Twins) who were born this past weekend :)
Hopefully, someday, they will return the favor.

Well, of course! And for good reason.
Look at the time it would save them. To order two of the 1-packs would take at least another click, maybe two. In this hectic age, isn't the savings of time and effort worth a few bucks?

No different from what the supermarket does. You have to compare package sizes and prices very carefully these days.

I've noticed for the past year or so at Walmart that you can buy a 12 pack of diet Coke or Pepsi for $3.33, or you can get a 24 pack for $7.68. I see people with the 24 packs in the checkout lines and just can't figure out why. I can see getting fooled by package size issues, but this is a straight dollar for dollar comparison. I am constitutionally and genetically incapable of buying more of the exact same item at a higher cost.

Was going to run out and do some errands, then realized today is a national holiday as in Amazon Prime Day. Think I'll stay home and see if any bargains are out there :).

Diabetic test strips and lancets, both of which are "Out for Delivery" today, and a Prime Pantry box of non-perishable items. None of this is Amazon Prime Day stuff; I haven't yet seen anything on sale today that I want.

But hope springs eternal, so I'll keep browsing the Amazon Prime Day offerings.

I had an interesting Amazon experience today. I had ordered a set of headphones that were supposed to be delivered to someone else last Tuesday. I then got a couple of "shipment delayed due to weather conditions/natural disaster" emails. No big deal, although I wasn't aware of any major weather conditions. This morning I checked the status, and the UPS tracking said "your package may have been lost", contact us for more details. I got on chat, and got the same old "weather conditions" message, and told that I needed to call UPS. I called UPS, and they said there had been a strike by the Teamsters over their contract with Amazon, and therefore the package had been returned to their local freight center and somebody had to come pick it up. If we didn't it would be returned to Amazon. But since I called they'd deliver it tomorrow.

I'm leaving out a lot about how pissed off I was about all this. IMO UPS and Amazon should have been in communication and straightened this out between them. I should have just been able to cancel the order and order it again to get it delivered quickly. But "the most consumer-centric company in the world" wasn't being very helpful and had intentionally lied to me about the package. And I suspect UPS and the Teamsters were just like "screw Amazon's customers. Throw that package over here and forget about it."

The "funny" thing about it was that at the same time I was jumping through hoops and being lied to and misled, the headphones were delivered. So nobody knew what they were talking about in the first place.

New stove cleaning kit, macadamia nuts, Oboe and bassoon reeds, 8 inch induction nonstick fry pan, 4 kitchen towels.

Got to see the cute dog picture with the “something went wrong” message a half a dozen times while placing the order. Server overload I guess. I doubt bassoon reeds will be on a Prime Day sale though.

The "funny" thing about it was that at the same time I was jumping through hoops and being lied to and misled, the headphones were delivered. So nobody knew what they were talking about in the first place.

No they weren't. Amazon was lying again. And even though today UPS swore they would be delivered, they weren't due to the work stoppage at the other business at that location. But four other items I sent to that location were delivered via UPS. So I'm thinking there are two drivers involved, and the one with my headphones won't cross the line but the other one will. I had UPS send the headphones back to Amazon and reordered them. Hopefully the new order will make it through.

Hand held vacuum, humidifier filters.

I bought some swimming gear. I plan on getting back in the pool and start doing laps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom