What to do in Montreal?

IMAX, along with Green Peace,a nother Canadian contribution to the world, and did I mention the Blackberry and the Pace Maker?

Montreal has so much History..

Well . . . I got back to Arizona from Montreal this evening. Unfortunately, my luggage did not get back. Continental Airlines.

I was lucky with weather in Montreal. I walked all over the city, visited several museums, the sound and light show at Notre Dame, sampled a number of restaurants (thanks for your reccomendations) and today I hiked to the top of Mount Royal and back. It got a little bit chilly today for an Arizona desert dweller, but not bad. I definately reccomend the Fine Arts Museum and the Archaeology Museum. It did rain on Saturday, but the group that paid for my trip had me in meetings all day anyway, so I didn't suffer any.

I did notice a couple of people walking on the streets that looked like old internet trolls, but I avoided talking to them, so I don't know for sure. :D :D :) :D :D

Thanks again for the suggestions and help.

You're lucky to not get your luggage. Last time I flew continental I think they threw my luggage out of the plane onto the tarmac, backed the plane over it a few times, then emptied the holding tanks onto it.

I’m sure everyone has an airline luggage horror story, but my favorite is when I went to pick up a coworker at the airport. We were waiting at the luggage pick up area along with a horde of passengers, watching the bags appear on the belt, coming through the opening one by one. As one bag came through, there was an audible “Ooooooohhhh” from the crowd. “Who’s bag is THAT?”, someone asked. The guy I was picking up mumbled “Oh sh!t, it’s mine.”

Half his bag had been ripped open and the contnets were a shredded, slimy mess. It had evidently gotten stuck on some portion of the automated sysem, which tore open his bag, and ground most of the contents to something resembling a dirty wet mop. It looked like someone had dropped his bag into the wood chipper in the movie Fargo along with a one gallon container of laundry soap. His toiletries had been smashed, and toothpase, shampoo, and shaving cream covered all his belongings and oozed out onto the belt.

He slid the bag off the conveyor on to the floor, and reached in and pulled out what was left of one shoe (the back half was all that was recognizable). When he lifted it up, what appeared to be the top part of a pair of men’s jockey shorts fell from the front of the shoe, and hit the terminal floor with a loud “flop!”. It was clearly audible because all the other passengers gathered around the belt were watching in stunned silence....and keeping one eye out for their bag coming through the opening and thinking, “That couldn’t have happened to my bag too...could it?”

Back
Top Bottom