What you guys doing on the 4th?

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm doing something a little unusual. Playing golf in the morning.:) Afterwards, there will be a bbq at the club so I will hang around for that. Might have to take a peek at the bikinis by the pool.:cool: That's about it. Oh yes, taking a break from worrying about my portfolio.;)

Enjoy!

Same thing I always do on a non-weekend.

We were going to go to Marquette, Michigan for the 4th but decided we didn't feel like the 8 hour drive so we're touring Minneapolis instead.

Started this morning with a stop at Patissere Margo (Vernon and 100, just east of Jerry's Hardware for anyone interested) for the 2nd best croissants in town (1st best are over in St Paul at Trung Nam, that's slated for Sunday). I brought in croissants for everyone at work and brought another box home for my wife and roommates.

Tomorrow we're going to the sculpture gardens and Joe's Garage and maybe the Walker after that.

I'm hoping to go to the arboretum on Saturday and then dinner and a show at the Dakota Jazz Club.

Sunday will be spent in St Paul with some good italian for lunch and maybe dinner.

Lots of video game playing too and my wife just bought a Bernina so I'm sure she'll spend most of her time at the house sewing.

The hubby and I going to hang out in Yardsville to grill and chill. No other family and no drama.

Nothing this year. Heck not evening doing any BBQ. I just realized every day is basically 4th of July for me :D

My DH is an announcer at the Redwood City 4th of July parade. After that we are going to Santa Cruz for a BBQ and fireworks viewing from our friend's sailboat. Should be fun!

Not a whole lot. I wanted to load up the trailer and go camping, but DW wanted a weekend at home, so that is what we are doing.

Depending on the weather, we might throw the canoe into a local lake and try putting the kids in it for the first time. If we do so, you can believe that I will be wearing a bathing suit and be prepared to fish someone out of the drink if necessary.

R&R.....that's about the extent of things here on the 4th.

We went to the Rotary Gardens in Janesville WI last Saturday, the Taste of Chicago and a cruise on Lake Michigan aboard the Tall Ship Windy on Tuesday, and went to a couple of nurseries/greenhouses today and out for dinner at our favorite Cajun joint tonight. So tomorrow I'm going plant some more daylilies, and then do nothing the rest of the day.

Saturday I'm firing up the coals and grillin' hot and mild Italian sausage, jumbo beef hot dogs, and some spicy venison sausage patties......we'll eat some of it then, put some in the refrigerator for Monday, and freeze the rest for a later date. And I'll plant some more daylilies as well.

Sunday we're heading to a local church at noon that puts on a free community spaghetti dinner the 1st Sunday of each month....always enjoy some time with a lot of folks we know. Then we'll come back home and finish planting the daylilies.

Party/cookout at the next door neighbors.

Hang all my flags and bunting.

Appreciate the USA.

Damn Im out of venison. Just some dried stuff :( Ate the last fresh sausage a month ago. Lucky Goonie :D

We have a front row seat to all the fireworks ( being on the water ) so we usually sip wine and sit on our deck and watch the fireworks .

Reds game on the 4th and 5th with a Priceline hotel for two nights in Northern KY where all the restaurants and entertainment are. Poor Cincinnati has argued about what to build for years while KY got their stuff together and built it.

BBQ on Friday the 4th with DW's family.
Long awaited fishing trip on Saturday. (high fuel cutback on frequency)
Cut grass and clean up on Sunday. Visit my dad who's in his late 80's....have some coffee with him and talk about current and past events.
Happy 4th to everyone.

Myself, wifey and little Libby (2 yr old granddaughter) are hitting the road in the morning & driving from Louisiana (home) up/over to North Carolina to visit my mom, sis & a few friends. It'll be about a 10 or 11 day trip...then, unfortunately...back to work. Ya'll have a good 4th of July!

The annual trek to DW's uncle's place on the Patuxent River just upstream from Solomon's Island. He hosts a big family gathering, lots of Bay crabs, hot dogs, burgers, etc. Everyone brings a dish, there's about four grills going, and all that. He has a nice place with a dock to the river and two boats for crabbing. It's a longish drive (2 hours) with a stop to pick up FIL.

Somebody always spends $500+ on fireworks, plus we can see the ones from Solomon's Island. Fireworks are set off at the end of the dock and hope they don't set somebody's boat on fire.

If the weather's decent it's a fun day.

Be stuck here all day...

Be stuck here all day...

That sounds like so much fun!! I have also enjoyed reading about everyone else's plans for the 4th.

Frank's stepmother broke her hip the night before last and was in surgery yesterday afternoon. She probably won't be up to having visitors, but her absence from the July 4th family festivities which she planned will be strange. She has become somewhat the family matriarch now that his father has passed away.

Everything will proceed as she planned, mostly for the sake of her many grandchildren, I suppose. Fishing, swimming, lots of great food and drink, and enough fireworks to blow up "da parish" (St. Bernard Parish, where the family fishing camp is located).

We will probably just stop by briefly, under the circumstances. Personally I love fireworks but find it hard to breathe (much less see) when the fireworks smoke gets really heavy like that. So maybe we can scoot before most of them are set off.

I'll be at w*rk:'( Power plant operation is a 24/7/365 deal, and the schedule has yours truly on duty. Oh well, no bosses around, extra pay and things are quiet so far. Probably spend most of the day web surfing unless the thunderstorms form up in my area.:rolleyes:

We'll spend the day preparing for tomorrow....:D

Tomorrow being a large family reunion we call "cousins by the dozens" which is an annual gettogether and eating marathon. Our task is two black raspberry pies, a large banana pudding, and deviled eggs, all made from scratch. We'll also bring some fried chicken, but we'll let the Colonel cook that.

Raining today, so picking the raspberries for the pies will be a wet challenge...

Last weekend at the campground. No real work today because no one is leaving. All we have to do is check once in a while and see that there is toilet paper in the john.

Not half bad.

Weather is perfect, the water finally warm enough for swimming.

Back
Top Bottom