Whatcha doing for 4th of July?

4th of July

I am driving to the other side of Pittsburgh to spend the week end with my aunt and cousin. I will likely barbecue for them, take them out for a drive, go for homemade ice cream.

No camp, no extended family - but combined BBQ with neighbors and I will probably will spend more on fireworks than a sane adult normally would.

At age 66 - it's an inner child thing.

heh heh heh - :greetings10:

You must be planning on blowing up fire ant beds. That's what I did as a kid.:blush: Nothing special here for the 4th. Same ole same ole.

Watching the city's fireworks. No excuses. I now live downtown, so it's a 2 block walk for me. :)

Other than, try to go to gym a couple of times to work off the fat accumulated from sitting on my butt for so long studying for the stupid exam.

The young wife is away at a teacher convention in San Diego until next week, so I am celebrating my all time favorite holiday without her. I will not be alone, however, as I will be hosting two midshipmen from the US Naval Academy from tomorrow morning until Sunday evening. They are among the 40 midshipmen on their summer cruise in four of USNA's 44 foot yawls, who are stopping here for a port call. Local families are putting them up for the weekend. Since they will be tying up literally in my back yard, it is very convenient.

On Friday night, there is some sort of military-themed ceremony at the mall down the road, followed by dinner and fireworks. Saturday, I will need to feed them and keep them occupied. I'm still not certain exactly what we will do. At first, I thought I could just use my own Youngster Cruise (that's what it's called) as a model, but I'm thinking that leading a search for copious amounts of alcohol and women of easy virtue is probably not what the Academy is expecting from me. So we'll likely grill steaks in the yard. I will feed them breakfast for two days, so I am about to go to the grocery to lay in a stock of bacon, sausage and eggs.

Maybe it's a good thing I live all the way up here. Otherwise...:cool:
Adding you to the mix would be like throwing in a stick of dynamite! :D

That's it...all of us gals must get together for a party. I can just see it now...we'll make a calendar.......................The Women of FIRE >:D

I'll start taking orders now...

Fri - Take DW and MIL shopping and to lunch. DW turns 55 Fri and is now a "younger senior" according to her mom. I'll probably have to get her home before 5 pm at her age.

Sat - Ribfest in Naperville, Il

Sun - continue working on my deck

That's it...all of us gals must get together for a party. I can just see it now...we'll make a calendar.......................The Women of FIRE >:D

Can I be the cabana boy?? :whistle:

Whatcha doing for 4th of July?
Our kid's at Notre Dame another week so she'll miss the local big teen blowout party. (I'll just e-mail her a summary from the police blotter.) She has a choice of (1) Notre Dame BBQ or (2) South Bend minor-league baseball or (3) South Bend fireworks. Hasn't made up her mind yet because she's only ever seen Hawaii's version of fireworks, not a professional show, and the BBQ will probably not have kal-be with kimchee, and South Bend gets "cold" at night. (57 degrees last night.)

Spouse and I will be hermiting. And empty-nesting. We'll work an hour or two on our new surround for the master bathroom whirlpool tub and then take the rest of the day off. I may have a chance to give surfing lessons to cadets from the Air Force Academy but White Plains Beach will be filled six deep in people this weekend, so when they check in I hope they can do it Friday or Monday or next week. But it'll still work out fine if we have to wade through the crowds.

As the sun goes down and the amateurs come out to play, we'll be donning respirators & earplugs. But unlike New Years' this will hopefully only go to 10 PM.

... and a friend may bring her fire hoop and fire poi. Should be lots of fun.
Ruh-roh. Has she ever done the Polynesian Cultural Center's World Fire-Knife Championships?

I guess things will be OK if the flames can be doused with beer.

... but I'm thinking that leading a search for copious amounts of alcohol and women of easy virtue is probably not what the Academy is expecting from me.
Yes it is.

Or the mids won't be visiting you next year!

I LOVE Cabana boys :)
I will be working for a couple of hours, going to a bbq on Saturday, and hang out with my Dad on Sunday.

A stick of dynamite....Whoooooo meeeeeeeeeee? :D
Now what would be dangerous about throwing a shy wallflower type Noo Yawker into a crowd of rowdy Texas girls and boys?
My opening line..."Hi everyone! :flowers: Got any cold beer?"
What could go wrong? :cool:

Guess no burgers. Ended up getting some nice ahi and jumbo prawns today. Throw in some tequila and roasted corn! Party time :D:D

Ribs, potato salad and crock pot baked beans poolside. A few rum & cokes with the son and daughter. If I am still awake at 10pm I can step outside and see the fireworks. Not gonna go because it is too hot here in Phoenix to put on clothes and get into big crowds even after dark.

I'll be working.

This means, unfortunately, that I will be unable to attend the annual 4th of July picnic at DW's Uncle Ronnie's on the Patuxtent River near Solomons (near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay) and stay outside in the broiling sun with people I hardly know, see perhaps once per year, and have absolutely nothing in common with.

So sad.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom