$73 per person for 4th of July food? Yeah right

The family party we went to was probably over $73 per person. Chesapeake Bay blue crabs (I don't care for them but DW does) hamburgers, hot dogs, several different types of potato salad, all the fixens, several different sides, cakes, cookies, ice cream, basically seemingly enough food to feed a regiment.

If anyone went away from all that hungry it was their own dang fault. I know I ate too much, hard not to with all that on display.

Am I the only one who noticed that flag in the article does not even look like a proper flag? Since when do we have dark blue stars on a light blue background?

Maybe it was the angle of the photo, maybe.

But if you are going to write about Independence Day, at least show SOME modicum of respect and show a proper photo of the flag!:mad::mad::mad:

Maybe not July 4th, but on the 1st, my neighbor's daughter, Kenzie, turned 8, and the thing to do for kid's birthdays, is to invite their friends to celebrate at:

Chuck E. Cheese's

I know it's the thing to do, cuz my son, who lives 300 miles away tells me he hates daughter Riley's birthday because.....

Now I know why... Kenzie's grandma volunteered to pay for the celebration. Two adults, 12 children... The quote was $261, but the bill came to $323.

I have no idea what they serve at Chuck E. Cheese's, but would guess pizza and like that.

What goes around, comes around... when this becomes the thing to do... (and it is) then Kenzie will get to go to 11 more parties.. for free.
good thing this was about food... don't wanna get started on the $128 uniform for Riley's gymnastics classes

Last edited:
We celebrated Uncle Sam's birthday with lobsters, oysters on the half shell, potato salad with smoked salmon, grilled asparagus, champagne and strawberry rhubarb pie. Im sure it was over 75 per person.

Im going to go out on a limb here, but IMHO your 4th of July seems a tad higher end then the other 162 million they were talking about in the article:LOL:

:LOL:Those hotdog eating contests aren't free, you know. The winner ate what, 72? His "meal" probably cost a hundred or so just by itself.

We were probably around $10 - $20 per person average. I brought the average up with chilled shrimp, 2 hamburgers, a chicken dog, potato salad, cole slaw, cake, pie, ice cream and a couple of beers.

One thing the article does not mention is that many times you do not consume all of the food at a cookout at the cookout. We cook up a lot of meat and fish, but then we stretch what was cooked for meals for a week. So if you look at the actual cost per meal it can work out to a very reasonable amount.

So I didn't get lobster nor corn for 4th of July. Today I went to Costco and saw lobster from Canada and I got one. Maybe my multi day celebration will come to $73 after all.

DW had her 60th birthday gift, the 4th was her prep. I ate leftovers.

Total cost not much.

Tonight was a big plate of bacon and eggs.

Did you know that 87% of the statistics you read on the Internet are totally made up?

We were on the road and stopped at an MCL cafeteria for our Independence Day lunch. Quite nice for under $10/each. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom