Whatever happened to

shoe

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone know whatever happened to Old Age Pensioner (OAP)? I haven't seen him here for a long time and I remember he was sick. :confused:

Dunno. I followed his blog for a while, but it kept reappearing at a different address and I lost track. Anyone know?

Attachments

• 227865856_4f7ba49b86.jpg
    227865856_4f7ba49b86.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 18
I believe his thieving bastard pumpkin may have stolen his login ID again.

Much obliged. I had forgotten how beautiful Central Park is in the spring.

Based on his blog comments, it sounds like he is banned from the ER forum site.

Sure sounds that way. I don't know why that would be the case.

OAP, I left a comment on your blog, not fit for er forum consumption... >:D

Wow, that was fast. I didn't even get a chance to save the url for his blog...

Would the mods care to comment on their actions?

Wasn't me, although I did comment publically to him about what may have been a racy avatar, it was too small to know for sure.

Isn't he the one who gave us the real dope on organized volunteer work, not for everyone? I appreciated his comments on that; would like more discussion of that topic: "An expanded definition of volunteer work."

Would the mods care to comment on their actions?
For all those questioning the moderator's decisions, I suggest you try walking a mile in their cesspool. (I used to get paid to inspect submarine sanitation tanks-- I know whereof I speak.) Better bring your hipwaders and your hepatitis vaccines. And if you're not willing to volunteer the effort, or at least play by the rules, then you don't get to question the moderator's decisions.

OAP knows the rules and declines to play by them.

He was one of the worst about deleting/modifying old posts, especially where he could reframe his comments to put a later poster in a bad light. It's a tossup whether he or Cut-Throat were more responsible for removing user permissions to delete their posts and allowing editing for only a short time. I have to admit, though, that OAP's the poster child for "can't sleep at night" investing. His first few threads (what few of them he didn't delete) were great examples of retiring before ready, needing an asset-allocation education or a financial advisor, and dealing with market volatility.

When judged on the merit of his posts, he frequently resorts to self-defensive retorts and personal attacks.

He's also registered on the board with a number of different names, despite the fact that the software records IP addresses. I have to wonder how bored, lonely, & obsessed a person has to be to keep intruding on an Internet forum where they're not welcome. Of several banned posters who come to mind, he's by far the most persistent. Are there not enough blogs and other forums for their entertainment? Even Greaney's & Raddr's boards are available to discuss ER topics, if OAP has ER topics to discuss.

When the moderators find that one poster is occupying most of their business, it's time to fire the customer...

Back
Top Bottom