What's on YouTube?

Here's one that's been around the block, but seems a good one for today:

Monitors are so old school....

Hello retires, good day, glad you could make it, and welcome [-][FONT=&quot]to the Matrix[/FONT][/-] to Windows Matrix 1.0

Okay, all you wusses whining about your miserable commutes - this one will put it in perspective and make you happy for what you have.

Okay, all you wusses whining about your miserable commutes - this one will put it in perspective and make you happy for what you have.

I think whining is universal. No matter how well off you have it, there's always something to complain about.

Mention on Mike Stern in another thread reminded me of this video, with Stern and Lee Ritenour.

Mention on Mike Stern in another thread reminded me of this video, with Stern and Lee Ritenour.

Great stuff! I'll pass this on to my DH, who is a fan of Stern and, as a drummer, also loves Simon Phillips playing.

Found this after a mention of pranking scammers on youtube. This one is a stitch. At least it was for me - he keeps the scammer busy for 15 minutes before the guy figures out he's being had.

Walt...That was a hoot! That one put me on the floor laughing.

I have done that sort of thing myself, only talking back with an Indian accent and asking how the weather is over there and how much I miss Calcutta. I mention that I am looking for a wife and does he have a sister...and so on. They soon hang up.

All about the bass is by far the most recent song I've learned. Pretty simple bass line but a fun song.

This young guy plays all the parts on guitar. He started 6 years ago and is really impressive.

This old video is incredible. The pilot does maneuvers in a business suit that Top Gun would be proud of. Apparently he is still alive, aged 92!

Bob Hoover -- Engine-out Aerobatics! - YouTube
Bob Hoover -- Engine-out Aerobatics! - YouTube

Bob Hoover is an American original. He was screwed by the FAA (IMHO) in later years, but bore the insult like a gentleman. Google for the details.

His trademark straw hat is exhibited at the Udvar-Hazy A&S museum in DC.

By now everyone with an interest has seen the video of the Boeing 787-9 doing the near-vertical takeoff in practice for the Paris Air Show. This link goes to Boeing's youtube channel and shows the view from outside, inside the flight deck, or out the front, selectable by the viewer. Kinda neat, I think. Frequent passengers may not want to watch. Boeing acknowledges that there were no passengers and the airplane had only partial fuel on board to lighten the weight.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Boeing/ChooseYourView

Strenght an balancing abilty

Things I love on youtube:

1. How To Guides - Basically on just about anything or how to use any product there will be a guide. It is usually the first place I look for how to do things.

2. Product reviews - Before most major purchases I look for a product review, especially for technology type things.

3. Gaming videos - For example, I play Hearthstone. I watch some of the videos of some of the pro players to get tips on how to play (twitch though is good for live streaming)

4. Exercise videos - There are a lot of free exercise videos on You Tube.

Walt34...That Boeing video was astounding. I had to watch it several times clicking the various angles. When I was active duty AF, I had seen empty KC-10's do takeoffs like that. It's hard to believe the output of those engines.

Not a video, instead, a touching story of reunion enabled by the amazing world shrinking reach of YouTube.

Experience-twins-009.jpg

Experience: I found my identical twin on YouTube | Life and style | The Guardian

Last edited:
Homeless man playing a piano draws over 10 million views.

Mountain rescue hoist by Maryland State Police helicopter. Pretty impressive that he held it stationary for that long. The hoist up starts at 3:05 in the video.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom