What's your favorite Seinfeld episode?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Totally OT, I know, but what is/are your favorite episode(s) of Seinfeld. I always liked the one with the library detective who hunts Jerry down for a book that is overdue.

Too many good ones to chose from but I would go with "The Pony"

Who figures an immigrant is going to have a pony?
Why would someone leave a country packed with ponies to go to a non-pony country?
Of all the pictures of people I saw coming into New York harbor, none of them had ponies!

:D

Master of his Domain

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

"The Boyfriend" -- the one where Jerry and Kramer meet Keith Hernandez and do a elaborate take on a "second spitter" theory (a very funny take off on the JFK assassination plot, hard as it is to believe.) Also George tells the unemployment office that he's applied for a job selling latex products with Vandelay Industries, which is supposedly run out of Jerry's apartment. Just saw it again the other night and still makes me laugh out loud.

It's very difficult to pick the best. A couple of the most memorable ones to me: shrinkage, and the wooden Indian.

I do think it says a lot about the show when a word or two is enough to specify a particular episode.

Coach

Last edited:
Tie between The Over-due Library Book, Soup Nazi and The Contest.

Didnt seem to be about anything.

What was funny about the final show was that all of the witnesses and all of the folks in the gallery had been in one or more episodes of the series. If you had never seen a previous show, the humor would not be there. If you had been a fan over the years as I had, it was pretty clever and funny.

I have also gotten many chuckles from Larry David's follow-up show "Curb Your Enthusiasm". I do not subscribe to HBO, but I have seen many of the seasons (4?) on DVD thanks to the local public library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

job selling latex products with Vandelay Industries,
"...and you want to be my latex salesman? I....don't think so."

Last edited:
I must be a mutant because I never watched it. I actually saw a few minutes of it once, and I just didn't really "get" it.

The Mansier was also a favorite. and The Marble Rye. I loved Seinfeld and my husband wouldn't watch. After it went off the air, he started catching up and now loves the old episodes.

The one where George makes a bed in his desk...on so many levels does it make sense...

Man hands and the close talker - It was so funny when that pretty girl reached over the table and strokes Jerrys face - her hands were larger and more manly than a pro wrestler - the expression on Jerrys face was classic!

Also the close talker - I know a couple people like that - one gets so close that I can't focus on him w/o reading glasses - hate that, need my personal space...

Back
Top Bottom