where are we reading: a toilet poll

do you read on the toilet?

• no. it is unsanitary and i only have two hands.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • yes. i can relax when my attention is diverted.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • i bring magazines into the bathroom but i only look at the pictures.

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

lazygood4nothinbum

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
i just received a complementary subscription for a magazine where a friend works. in my thank you, i noted that i used to read more before discovering psyllium whole husk fiber supplements and so perhaps the editors might publish shorter articles now.

who else turns the pages before unrolling the paper. and how about posting a picture of your bathroom library. here's mine:

img_602125_0_96226c64508bfdc323fa4f5fb344fb97.jpg

img_602125_1_96d7733480158a330dd526ad29487498.jpg

and don't forget to vote in the toilet poll. thank you.

Don't have a place for books in the bathroom, just pick up my book on the way. :)

moderator, please delete this thread in its entirety. in my poor judgment i thought it might be funny. i didn't realize it was going to turn into another opportunity for gay bashing. thank you.

:) OK - this is the really literal moderator.. I think this is a great thread. You didn't really want it deleted did you? Besides what would we read in the bath:confused:

Stuff i read:

le petite prince (little bits - book has been there for 2+ years?)
assorted journals
what ever is left of the paper after DH mauls it.
and... most horrifyingly, I make grocery lists. :eek:

I never stay in the bathroom long enough to read. In the US we got a lot of catalogs so a catalog might find its way in there. DH has Oracle and PC magazines and usually some Loooong historical novel about ancient Rome or the Aztecs. He camps out.

My bathroom library consists of all the brochures and visitor guides that i pick up at the various interstate welcome centers,gives me lots of ideas for future adventures.

I used to read a lot in the bathroom as a kid. But I was a constipated kid. Nowadays, the most I can manage between flushes is a magazine editorial.

Most interesting bathroom recently visited was at the home of a travel agent. Eclectic collection of antique travel brochures. Really liked the Aeroflot one from the Brezhnev era.

Your poll doesn't cover me. I need, "I would read, but I am too fast." Ah, the wonders of fiber as we age.:D

Like ladelfina, I am not there long enough to read.

DW subscribes to a Swedish magazine. We have the back issues in the bathroom, and I practice my Swedish by reading the stories in it (a few paragraphs each day). For example, here's a great story I just finished: A 70 year old man drives his car into a river by hitting the gas instead of the brake. His friends are there and see it happen.

He can't get the doors or windows open, and the car is sinking. Some friends try to swim out to break the window with a rock, but they turn back because the water is too cold.

One friend throws a big rock from shore, it breaks the back window and the guy escapes seconds before the car sinks.

Mag.jpg

Like the others said: I'm not in there long enough to read.

One thing I really miss about w*rk - trying to fit in bathroom breaks between meetings, etc. :p

:) OK - this is the really literal moderator.. I think this is a great thread. You didn't really want it deleted did you? Besides what would we read in the bath:confused:

Stuff i read:

le petite prince (little bits - book has been there for 2+ years?)
assorted journals
what ever is left of the paper after DH mauls it.
and... most horrifyingly, I make grocery lists. :eek:

thanx janet. i'm feeling much better now. oh, and by the way, a grocery list? that is unsanitary.

Your poll doesn't cover me. I need, "I would read, but I am too fast." Ah, the wonders of fiber as we age.:D

hi don, sorry but i don't see how to edit polls.

poll option 4: fiber, the leading cause of illiteracy in america.

I have a copy of Scuba magazine (cant remember the name), it is their annual edition of worlds best diving spots/resorts

living below your means.. hasn't anyone offered up their favored TP alternative?

Back
Top Bottom